zeppelin is finally back!

i’ve been wondering why the fuck the greatest rock band ever never reunited after their drummer john bonham’s death, but finally jimmy page and john paul jones will suck it up and play with robert plant once again.
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin
i’ve been waiting for this for a while. plant tried a solo vocal album that sucked but was a decent attempt. i just cannot wait to hear jimmy page tear up a guitar again he is definitely one of the greatest of all time and i’m glad he’s not going to let his talent go to waste.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boiiii

its not official yet, they are supposed to call a press conference on the 12th…
I was lucky enough to see Page and Plant back in 95…
Shit was mad awesome!

ALL OVER THIS

iiii dont like it, i thought theyd be one of the bands to leave at the top and not come back together like the other bands that have done it

original zeppelin rocks though

[quote=“MicaH,post:5,topic:35042"”]

iiii dont like it, i thought theyd be one of the bands to leave at the top and not come back together like the other bands that have done it

original zeppelin rocks though

[/quote]

i totally agree with you man. but, this is our generations chance at seeing a great band live, even if it isn’t their peak performance. i still have a great time seeing the allman brothers every time they come to buffalo, and it’s only about 1/2 the original band. they fucking rock year after year.

yea i saw the other ones(grateful dead minus jerry) and they rocked. the who also rocked.

im sure zeppelin will destroy. some had better get this shit on video.

1 concert 1 time only.

yea i saw that it’s cool but lame bc i was hoping for a chance in the us. oh well im sure it will be on the internetz. it’s in memory for their old manager or some shit who died recently.

fucking awesome.

zeppelin fucking rocked face, im sure theyre still up to the task. ive been saying for years, john bonhams son plays drums, and he is actually pretty good… john bonham was a fucking tank, the guy was a fucking lumberjack before joining zeppelin

fucking AWESOME

i would give anything to see this. Jimmy Page is a god

[quote=“jdmEK9gsr,post:6,topic:35042"”]

i totally agree with you man. but, this is our generations chance at seeing a great band live, even if it isn’t their peak performance. i still have a great time seeing the allman brothers every time they come to buffalo, and it’s only about 1/2 the original band. they fucking rock year after year.

[/quote]

u def have a point

bumpity…

concert is tonight, hopefully on BBC.

Def bump.

Will also be rebroadcasting the whole show on 107.1 ( awesome station )

This is all fine and good, but can Plant still hit the notes like he used to? I doubt it. That’s one of the reasons I wasn’t too excited when Van Halen got back together (besides the absence of Michael Anthony). Many of these old rock singers can’t deliver the goods like they used to. One of the only ones who still can is Rob Halford.

I’m also a little less interested in Zeppelin these days after learning how much of their “signature” material is lifted from songs from other lesser-known bands, and I’ve heard the songs they ripped off, it is blatent. Stairway to Heaven is a good example.

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/Zep/Originals.php
http://www.artofthemix.org/FindAMix/getcontents.asp?strMixID=89189

was watching some live shows of zeppelin today in there prime on VH1

:tif:

I still don’t know if this will end well… Good for them though.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22905531-5012327,00.html

there’s a bit at the end of the video of them playing yesterday…and they still sounded as good as ever… :tup:

and OMFG if they come back on tour…no amount of money will stop me from seeing them if they come anywhere remotely close to here…

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:17,topic:35042"”]

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22905531-5012327,00.html

there’s a bit at the end of the video of them playing yesterday…and they still sounded as good as ever… :tup:

and OMFG if they come back on tour…no amount of money will stop me from seeing them if they come anywhere remotely close to here…

[/quote]

If they went on tour again they might as well start printing their own money cause no matter how much they charge to see that show they will be sold out instantly.

they’re on the cover of the most recent Rolling Stone Magazine and there’s a long writeup interviewing the remaining members and Bonham’s son…

the guy that worked with them organizing yesterday’s show is also trying to get them to go back tour…i dont know the exact figures, but it was something like $100/ticket, XX shows with XX,XXX or more tickets each time = $300,000,000 gross…hard to turn down an opportunity like that…

anyone know who is playing drums?

and zep did rip off a lot of old black blues musicians who no one had ever heard of… but everyone rips off everyone else in the music biz that’s just how it goes. plus they stayed solid up until their last studio album (coda), where most, actually almost all loose a lot of steam after doing it for 15 plus years. :tup: zeppelin fucking shreads