Zimmerman sues.... about everyone actually.

FUCK YEA. I hope he wins.

http://www.examiner.com/article/zimmerman-s-lawsuit-against-al-sharpton-nbc-and-the-martin-family-attorneys

Good.

Zimmerman needs to win this lawsuit, it will change things for the better.

Best news I’ve read all day.

Hopefully this will, at the very least, send a message to people about how the media works and how things get blown way out of proportion FAST.

Praise tha lawd!

I hope he takes all of them to the cleaners. Then maybe these asshats will start to think twice before pulling BS like this in the future.

Hahahaha

I am all for the point he is trying to raise, about the slander in the news now adays. Big time. They fucked this all up beginning to end. Honestly, I cant see how he can get a fair trial because of all the press surrounding this entire thing. But then again, its up to the court to find impartial jurors to deal with the evidence at hand, not what they heard on the tv.

He hasnt even gone to court yet right? Or am I under a rock here?

agreed

If another LA Riot doesn’t happen I will be amazed.

He still killed someone and completely ignored instructions from a police dispatcher which would have kept this kid alive. White, black, brown, I don’t give a shit. The guy killed someone.

Was the race thing way out of proportion? Fuck yes. Did the media go nuts? Yup. Did this guy kill an unarmed kid after being told to leave him alone? Yes, he did.

/\ this /\

When did the dispatcher tell him to leave the kid alone?

The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following, and he answered “yes”.
The dispatcher then said “Ok, you don’t need to do that”.

I fail to see where that is “leave him alone” or “don’t follow him”.

The specific thing they said was “you don’t need to do that.”
Not “stop doing that.” So although they said he didn’t need to do it, they did not tell him specifically to stop doing it. Thus, he didn’t ignore anyone.

And his response to “you don’t need to do that” was “Ok… He ran”. Ran is past tense which tells me that he no longer had a visual. He then goes on to say that he will meet the officer at his truck. Why would he tell the dispatcher to have the officer meet him at his truck if he didn’t plan on being there. That would just open him up for trouble. I personally don’t think he continued following Trayvon after the conversation with the dispatcher… but we’l never know.

Bullshit. It literally means nothing else. You don’t need to do that is a polite and respectful way of saying you’re not at all qualified to handle this situation and we’ll take care of it, which is EXACTLY what that meant. The guy did the wrong thing and someone is dead. I’m no judge and I’m definitely not on that Jury, I’m not a lawyer and I can’t say what I think his punishment should be. I’m an average guy and I’m not qualified to say anything that should happen to him. I can say that this guy fucked up. PERIOD. I don’t give a fuck how anyone does or does not spin the story, it doesn’t matter. He went over the top and someone is dead. It’s no different than a civilian chasing after a speeding car in their own vehicle and killing them. They’d be in some shit for that too, only difference is the speeder was actually breaking the law. This kid wasn’t.

I’m all for gun rights, I’m all for protecting yourself, I’m from this god damned hills, but even I’m unbiased enough to see that this guy fucked up.

It could mean a bunch of different things, but I have a strong feeling because he was not specifically told not to follow Martin, he’ll be in the clear on that part. You can’t assume that the person on the other line knows what exactly you meant when you say something as vague as “you don’t need to do that.” To certain people it could mean to stop, to others it could mean “you don’t need to do that, but it is appreciated if you can help.” We will never know until all of the case documents are released to the public concerning the issue.

This has nothing to do with gun rights at all, in my opinion, but because you nor I were there as witnesses to this alleged crime, we can not assume he was or was not acting in self-defense.

I can’t say that I would have done much different IF his story is the truth (which we almost have to take for the truth since we don’t know for sure). If I saw someone walking in between houses, at night, and they looked suspicious, I would probably call 911 and keep eye contact with them until cops arrived so that I could give them an accurate location. And if I was then attacked and had someone on top of me, slamming my head into the pavement, you better believe I would do EVERYTHING in my power to protect myself.

If his story is proven false then I’m with you 100%… but until them I still don’t think he necessarily did anything wrong. Maybe its just me.

I agree with you on all of that Cossey, but I still say that the kid is only dead because he followed him. He was in his vehicle, you hear him say he’s running, after him complaining that “these assholes always get away”, then you can hear him get out. The dispatcher says “Are you following him?” after he says “Fucking cold” (not coons, you fucksticks), and the dispatcher says word for word “Okay, we don’t need you to do that”. He did.

To some degree the blame lays on this guy. How much, who knows.

I know plenty of officers, and been able to see them react under different situations… they are just like you and I. They think and talk just like anyone else. To me if a cop said “you dont need to do that”, probably means I dont need to do that! Only thing I NEED to do, is wake up alive and put food on the table for my family. If someones main reason for existence is anything other than that, they should not be allowed to make “probably” type decisions on their own for such an extreme example as we have here with Zimmerman.

The technicality of the words “dont need to” instead of “stop doing that” can be easily discredited trying to fight the thought process when Zimmerman was told to do so.

-are you an officer?
-are you professionally trained to deal with the situation at hand?
-at the time of being told “you dont need to do that” were you in physical danger or harm? <- Icing on the cake right there.
-at any point could you just return home without taking any actions?

To me its very hard to dig yourself out of a hole like hes in here, even with an out like “well you didnt blatantly tell me NOT TO do something”.

Point is Zimm put himself into a situation he didn’t need to be in intentionally. It’s like me volunteering to be a neighborhood watch in Harbor Hill just walking around following people in hoodies while carrying. There would be a Zimmerman case in Albany every night then.

Whether he was in self defense or not is upto the courts to decide. The counter suit seems fair especially when they offered a bounty on his head.