Zip ties and Camry

Mom dinged up the car a bit. I fixed it up for her. Had to pull the fender support tab back, the bumper wouldnt fit.

:facepalm

Hey, if you’d like to buy a whole new bumper cover, get it painted and drop it off at my house and all on ur dollar, I wont say no.

:thumbup

You could have plastic welded it rather than zip-tie it, and if you were that worried about price, throw some touchup paint on the bare plastic area.

It split at a very weird angle, i barely got it to stay as it is. is plastic weld kinda like jb weld? ive never used that. I just wanted to fix it quick, so she can just go to work tomorrow.

ricer!!!

Its not “in a tube” stuff, plastic weld as in weld the plastic back together. Its not all too difficult, just need the tools for it. I did it on my Alero’s old bumper cover.

but then it wouldnt be JDM

this
he is the biggest euro jdm fag i know .he needs his jap cars back

what does that end up looking like afterwards?

IS300 after i pay my car off or like an LS series older Lexus?

YES!

My neighbor had an IS300, always liked the car. Then she traded it for a newer Lexus, just looked like a Camry with more chrome BS… ES series maybe?

SEM 2 stage bumper repair epoxy. Any real auto body shop has it. its 2 tubes, with a special tip that automaticly mixes the two compounds together while you dispense it with its own special “calk gun” basiclly its like 2 calk guns with smaller dia plungers side by side that cradle the epoxy tubes as one unit.

scuff and clean the surface and blast this shit on it. its sandable too. very strong stuff. on the back side embed in some fiberglass matt for a backer and extra strength.

your talking a heat source and fusing the plastic and using a filler plastic also… different deal. but idealy stronger.

I like the IS300 wagon in charcoal/graphite

So how badly did the accelerator stick?

haha! no, she parked on a small snow pile and the car’s front tires slid down. kinda like a clock hand. the back wheels stayed in one spot, but the front went sideways a little and the bumper got pushed in, the light cracked and it bent a bracket behind the light.

I like the stitched look haha. When my wife split the front bumper to my Camry, I found someone parting one out and just threw a gold bumper on the forest green body and sold the bitch. Next time my wife smashes her car, I’m going with Frankenstein.

use thinner zipties. :smiley: if i had a jap car and split a bumper, id buy lime green ones, but because its my mom’s car i did white so they stand out the least