ZR1's competiton...From Lexus

why is this??

they dont want americans fucking them up

Last I heard you can only lease the lfa and they reqire you to pay for the GPS so they can track your usage of it. lol Its mainly since Toyota breaks even on all of them. They produce the car and sell it for exactly what it costs them lol. they don’t want some moron wrecking any of them.

Coming from the #1 Lexus/toyota fanboi around here its an awesome super cool car but the cost is just way to much. They really should have butil the car and just stuffed a 2jzgte or 3uzfe in it and made it affordable

If JClark is willing to buy a leafspring GM over any brand import, then you know the world is coming to an end.

Gotta have a truck to tow the 458, ya know?

I really cant say the that would have worked, because the IS-F is pretty small compared to most other Lexus models and it has the biggest engine second to the LF-A. Let’s face it, even if we are Lexus/Toyota Fanboys, the IS-F is fast, but not supercar status. The Monster 1LR-GUE is the main reason the LF-A is any good. It revs too fast for analog rpm gauge and has a nasty torque/powerband. nice, except its twice as much as other cars in its performance level. Nice try Lexus, but they are still too new to be a serious contender

sense when is a low 13 second car fast now a days?

yours is dont ya say ?

Since when is the 1/4 the only measure of ‘fast’?

you have a low 13 second car and think its fast…

sorry had to.

shut up corner jockey :lol

i dont consider my car fast at all. it just happens to run with faster cars…

and im talking about 2008+ when pretty much the whole standard of horsepower has been risen in a car. C6’s went from 400hp, too 436, Z06’s went from 405, too 505, Shelby GT500’s got 500…vipers, 505 too 600…etc…get what im saying?

ok

And no matter how much power Mustangs get, they are always ~110 players…right up there with 1990 ZR1s!

Couple things- the LF-A doesn’t have a bigger engine than the IS-F. The engine is smaller actually. 4.8 liters versus 5.0.

The engine is a “monster” yes, maybe in terms of technology but not in overall size or torque. As a small V10 capable of revving to 9000 rpm, yes it’s unique, but for less than half the price, you can get a really nice looking car with a V10 revving out to 8700 (R8 5.2).

What makes this car unique is that it was designed and built at a company that makes its bread and butter with soul-less vehicles that are more like appliances. (Don’t take this as a knock on Toyota/Lexus, I appreciate them just as much as you and the next guy)

But that’s one of the main reasons it costs so much to produce.

toaster ovens… nice lol. I think that crazy V10 is from an engineering standpoint the a+ factor in this car, i mean, its lighter than their own V6 engine. and they use that v6 in the lotus evora no? if lotus thinks the engine is good enough power/weight, its gotta be decent right? What you said about Lexus not being known for making “Goes Fast” cars, but im still on the fence leaning towards it was an OK Start for their company. just a damn shame the GT-R had to come out and totally set a whole new benchmark. for just about everything. truth.

The Camry’s V6 residing in the Evora probably has more to do with agreements already in place between Lotus/Toyota that help reduce the cost of procuring an engine for that platform. Since a four banger would be unacceptable for the Evora’s price range, and none of Toyota’s V8s would sit well in a transverse mid-engine layout, it’s probably by default that engine was used.

As for the GT-R coming out and setting a new benchmark… That’s what they do. Anything less would have been an embarrassment.

Thing is, Nissan’s been playing with electronically controlled AWD, four wheel steering, turbocharging, high output six cylinder engines for over 20 years now… Granted, there has been a ton of innovation going from the R34 to the R35. But the overall design is still based on an FR layout with ATTESSA and all of that good stuff.

The LF-A on the other hand shares nothing with any model before it.