360 modding questions

LOL WTF!

I had seen lots of people post that they got their modded RRoD console replaced. I think MS is just replacing so many of them that the assembly line workers don’t even check. They just toss your broken one in the pile to be fixed and send you one from the pile of fixed ones.

I said this a while ago, MS has begun not even looking at the box, they just put it aside and send what they have.

Yeah, like I said, I had seen it reported, but now I have first hand experience with it. And mine was an interesting case considering not only was it modded, but it was also BANNED. :slight_smile:

PS: He got a hitachi drive, so now we need to take it apart and hope it’s not a 79.

79 is modifiable now without soldering.

Nice. I’ll look into it more once I crack it open tomorrow.

FYE on transit/wehrle had 360 premiums for $169 w/2 year extended warranty.That is what I picked up mine for.Non HDMI version.

lol wow nice price

Wow, what a bitch to mod the b-inlaw’s new one was. Hitatchi, pre 78 firmware so that flash was pretty easy, but it would only read good verbatim burns about once every 10th disc insert. Did some reading and saw lots of recommendations to adjust the dvd laser pot.

Cracked open the drive, busted out the multi-meter, and turned it down from 3.46 to 3.15. Now it reads the discs on the first time, every time. Supposedly if you keep it above 2.8 it shouldn’t shorten the life of the laser.

:tup:

Master geek at work.

PDF of the instructions on how to do it:
http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/XBOX_360_POT_CALIBRATION_V1.0_by_Moda.pdf

LOL nice