96 honda with jdm h22

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27623

what could i do to make it pass inpsection

With no CEL it should pass fine.

imnot really formiliar with engine codes n stuff whats cel?

check engine light

oo so what could i do to make it pass take out the bulb?

um no

If the engine has not been converted to OBD2, it will NOT pass inspections.

HA!

ha! nice. check the cel(s) if there are any, and fix whatever the cel(s) call for to be fixed. i’m pretty sure honda-tech has a list of obd2 cel codes if you need them. after you fix things that need to be fixed, reset the ecu and it should be clear of cels.

dude, if it is obd2, which it is, check the cel out odds are it is fixable with the h22, since it essentially a similar motor. with careful expection u should be able to fix it unless u have no money

like how would it be

“The car does throw a CEL code due to the OBD I conversion but that doesnt influence on the car performance at all”

Link says it’s OBD1 converted, so the short answer is - NO. No way, no how, give up now. Why do you think he sold it?

To pass NYSI you have to be OBD2 on 96+ cars. If the scanner can’t read the ECU (which is the case with an OBD1 ecu), then it will not pass.

Why would he build a car that can’t pass inspection?

For the same reason I did - stupidity.

oh, i never bothered to read the link. yeah, disregard what i said earlier, you are f*cked.

get an obd1 -> obd2 conversion harness and plug in an obd2 computer. then clear cel’s.

I’m not sure if that would work - but it might be worth a try.

I am having the same prob right now. I would not recomend buying this. Stupid nys had to change the law after I switch to obd I.

:word: