A Global Warming Thread for Jeg

oh yea ? name ONE SINGLE THING in this world weve damaged

you make it sound like weve polluted the air, polluted the water, polluted the soil, destroyed wet lands, destroyed forests, destroyed deserts, killed off entire species …

NON OF THAT HAS HAPPENED

man kind has always gotten along well with mother earth … i refuse to beleive that we have caused any harm to this planet

Shiny objects distracted me and I voted Buchannon!!

lol

At first I was like, uh oh, hrk and I are gonna get into another mass debation.

Anyway, JayS, are you a scientist? You’re just looking at information that you’ve found on the internet and determining that we’ve had little to no effect on global warming. Have you gotten out your bunsen burner or your 9th grade science kit and done anything to prove that we aren’t?

Btw, the average temperature has risen about 1 degree in the PAST 10 YEARS. The difference between where we are at now and the last ice age is only 3 or 4 degrees. And it took thousands of years for that change to manifest. 1 degree in only 10 years is pretty scary.

pretty much my thoughts on it… some good info in that link aswell

while there are a bunch of people screaming that we’re the reason for global warming, there are just as many that disagree.

it’s all politics

The people that are screaming we’re the reason for global warming actually care about the existence of life on this planet. The people that disagree are the ones who will lose shitloads of money due to this problem. ie. oil companies.

So yeah, it’s all just politics.

yeah

Shhh we can’t think outside the realm of what they want us to believe, otherwise we are stupid and uneducated.

you still never responded to me tearing apart basically your same post in this thread

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18658&highlight=global+warming

You have the worst responses ever.

I actually feel bad for JayS that you quote him all the time and act like you guys are on the same team.

and there is just as much, if not more, to be made from reverting from oil. its a two way street. I’m not saying that it’s not happening, but these “cures” everyone seems to have are nothing more than politics

edit: lets put it this way… I have yet to see any hard proof to convince me otherwise

I just found my Friday afternoon entertainment :tup:

And the same can be said for you. Have you gone out and did any research or just read things off the interent?

I’ve had teachers explaining both sides of this story. And the graph JayS brought up has been used by many of my teachers.

Also from when you quoted me, i never said humans were not effecting climate, i said its a naturally occuring process. The only thing that is being affect is the rate at which it happens. The artic used to be as warm and humid as Miami, so its not like the Earth hasnt been way hotter then it is now. And whether it takes 1,000 or a million years the cycle is going to go as it has in the past with the same results.

I love how everyone talks about Oil, like automotive polution is the largest cause of global warming

Industries and Agricultures are by far the largest contributers to CO2 emmisions

very true

Uhhhh and what runs every industry and agricultural machine?

And jeeves, you need to compare the graph JayS posted to a graph of the past 100 years. Actually, even the past 10 years should do.

From my understanding the world has gone through this befor, we have just sped it up dramatically.

Is that the general consensus?

I’ll simply counter that with the same question. Are you a scientist?

It is well known that it doesn’t matter what I say on this forum, you guys have already made up your mind that I’m just a dumb hick and I know nothing. So I could really care less what you think. Because when it boils down to it…you’re opinion is just not that important to me. If I say something and JayS says the exact same thing but has it phrased differently, some of you will agree with him, while you rip me apart. So go ahead and bitch about how I am retarded and uneducated and make fun of me for having ADD and whatever else makes you hard, because when I consider the source of where it comes from, I just laugh at you for being so pathetic.

The world started off as a fireball, then turned into a frozen desert (dessert for jeg) and now, 4 billion years later, it has settled enough that life can occur quite easily. So yeah, it has gone back and forth many times, it’s just the rate in which it is rapidly changing is what WE are causing.

edited for clairty and TRUTH

Simple reason, I’ve learned to ignore about 99% of what you and Cory post. It makes life much more enjoyable.