ahh loratabs

well im at work being bored and my back has been bothering me so i took a loratab (spelling?) and i’m feeling pretty good now. for those of you that dont know i had two major surgeries 4 years ago when i was 14. i have 2 13" rods on each side of spine…the reason for all the hardware is scoliosis caused by an extra vertebrae in my spine. so when it gets cold out my back starts to hurt a bit.

yes another useless thread…but im bored lol.

i have a bulging disc, yet they wont give me a srcipt. pain=shitty.

I’ve still got leftovers from my knee surgery and an open-ended prescription, all I gotta do is call my doc and I get another 90 pills due to both knees.

They’re great for pain though; but they don’t make me all woosy and nutty like they seem to do to everyone else. My pain just fades to a tolerable level. That is unless you take them every 4 hours for like 3-4 days straight, then they cover up the original pain, but the constipation pains are 10X worse!!!

i got 5’s. dont need em.

i know ppl that like them

yeah thats how i am. it just eases the pain and i feel relaxed. i dont take them everyday like people…just on the days i really need them.

^ im with him, i take them when i NEED them, not recreationally.

Be careful, its very easy to get addicted to opiod analgesics.

I was on 40mg oxycontin and two 10/500 lortabs for the breakthrough pain right after my accident.

Now I take soma for my muscle spasms, ultram ER for a long acting pain reliever, and lortabs for breakthrough pain.

be careful with that shit.

I take them after I brush my teeth, when I need to drive, with any dairy products, and when its dark outside.

lol

Not exactly sure what thats supposed to mean. If you have something to say, then say it. Your sarcasm really isn’t there, maybe you took too many pills?

I’ve been in pain management for 4 years from a bad car accident so I was letting him know what works for me.

i know guys that just wouldnt take them because they got all stupid and sluggish on them

Wasnt directed at you at all. (shouldnt have quoted) I was just posting in the thread for fun.

i actually work with a dude who is severely addicted to them… he is a douche, found razor marks on the cabinet in the bathroom… it got back to our boss via one of the techs and nothing ever happened from it… but now he is talkin bout going to rehab… i hate “Pharmies”

oh i know…i am super careful with them. ive heard so many stories about them…i would never take one just to take it.

To show how much/often I use them, I got a 90 pill bottle last August when I had my left knee done, and I’m just now thinking about a refill because I’m down to 10 pills. So that’s what, 80pills/16 months…

Pain sucks, bottom line. Knowing that I’m going to have arthritis in both knees by the time I’m 40, really blows. Knowing that I’m probably going to need both knees replaced eventually… well, you get the picture. (Gotta love genetics and f-d up Anterior/Meniscual cartilage from genes)

I take the when I NEED them, basically when I know that 800-1K of Ibuprofen won’t do it and I need to be able to stand up and be active and not hobble around the house.

The good part is most of the time my knees just ache; not pain, just ache. It’s when they start swelling and hurting and popping badly is when I need the meds, and most often 800mg of Advil works great. But probably 2-3 times a month I need one so I can semi-function when things actually hurt and stop working properly.

My brother got addicted to them just from having to take them for an injury he had, was popping one ever 4 hours for almost 6 months while he waited for surgery on his back. Then it took him 3 months recover and break the addiction. It sucked.

Thats the mentality of every addict before they’re addicted.

It starts out takings them for pain. Then taking them because you had a shitty day. Then just on the weekends. Then just every other day. Then you take more because your tolerance doesn’t give you a buzz anymore. Then its too late when you realize whats actually going on.

Watch the movie “The Basketball Diaries.” It shows four friends hanging out doing occasional drugs at first, and have the world by the balls until they get off track and lose everything.

Stay away from opiates if you don’t need them. Trust me, I’ve lost a lot of friends because of shit like this. Some got help, some are still going down the drain.

A “friend” of mine robbed me for a lot of money, parts, and my own medication to keep himself afloat.

okay…well im not an idiot…i have a back problem…i would never want to have the potential of making it worse…if anything seriously happened to me i have the potential of being paralyzed

I took some for my knee pain and man working with painwas never was so tolerable. i definatey was in my happy place for a few hours.
Doc gave me 600mg ibuprofins and they barely touched the pain i was having. But i can see why physicians are reluctant to give these things to people who really dont need them.