ahh loratabs

AHHHH!! fuck me in the ass and call me susan… that has to suck… Its good to hear things are better though, do you know of any long term problems you may have, or are you corrected for good?

thanks bro. yeah it did suck for the longest time. im not sure of any long term issues…i know that it is quite possible i might need another fusion in my lower back when im around 40. but for now im okay. i havent seen the back doctor in like a year and a half…i probably should go back soon to get everything checked out to be safe…i’m going to upload a pic of my x-ray so everyone can see all the hardware lol

yikes, a fusion may be in my future… god i hope not though… removing the blown out part of the disc was more than enough for me to want to deal with again…

6 months of recovery sucks ass… especially in may… so i missed the whole summer of fun :frowning:

i hear ya…recovery was the worst. i was lucky…when i wore my brace it was in the winter so i got to wear hoodies everyday. my dad just had a fusion. he had 3 or 4 bulging discs in the middle of his back. yeah back issues run in my family lol.

not if you are taking it correctly and since the stomach typically empties its contents rather frequently that taking it correctly leaves minimal damage at best. and not all NSAIDs are dangerous in the stomach (ie tylenol and aspirin work in the liver, as well as some Rx drugs like Cellebrex, Vioxx(RIP) all of which are NSAIDs that effect the COX pathway)

The liver tends to accumulate things a little better then the stomach. But if you use the drugs the way you are supposed to, you shouldn’t have any real problems, abuse tends to be a different animal…

People also tend to like Watson because it sells for more on the street… Not that i am accusing, its just a fact of me going through this a couple time. Those little blue speckles are worth more mula… But in general generics should be as effective as the brand name drugs that they replace (mallinkrocdt). There should be no differences although there are a few exceptions.

Please tell me why I’ve had stomach bleeding and a possible ulcer from taking naproxen AS PRESCRIBED???

Naproxen is a NSAID, same thing as Cellebrex, Aleve, etc.

Because there are eleventy billion factors at play that only your doctor has a fighting chance at sorting out, assuming that you tell him everything and follow his directions to the tee.

All NSAID’s are harsh on the stomach. Add a person that may have some residual damage from earlier treatments and/or just plain old sensitivity and voila: stomach bleeding.

Text books can only cover so much…

I have some doctor friends and you WOULD NOT BELIEVE the kinds of shit and fuckups that go on… especially in hospitals.

Just because its prescried, DOESNT mean its good for you or even SAFE/CORRECT. You need to watch and know yourself ALWAYS. Don’t blindly believe a doctor.

FYI, If you ever have surgery, get OUTPATIENT. Stay the F out of hospitals… for your own safety.

:word: thats what I wanted to get at, just be careful. Nobody knows your body like you.

So why shouldn’t we come to “your” pharmacy?

I’ve got legal phoned/faxed in prescriptions for all the meds that I take; so what do you care? This better not be like the pharmacist who refused to fill the day after pill prescription BS.

And as for the Liver thing… mine is fubar’d, both of the meds I take (one being the Loritabs, and another remaining unnamed) make the liver have issues.

as prescribed how?Do you only take it when the doctor tells you to? Taking it with food helps prevent it from getting to the lumen of the stomach to avoid irritation. Did you ever read the pamphlet that comes with the script. It clearly states to take with food. While I am on this tangent, don’t crush or break the tablet either, you’ll give yourself ulsers in your esophagus. Not all NSAIDs are harsh on the stomach like i said. And there are ways around that side effect as well, such as taknig them with food.

but others are right, sensitivity to the stomach or improper use or other problems such as stomach problems may only enhance this bleeding that you have going on. Pharmacy is not an exact science it is an art, a balence between having the knowledge of the medicine and its reaction within an individual…

as for my comment about hoping not to come to my pharmacy, there was a lot of talk in this thread about abuse. I do not want to allow this to happen. Written by a doc or not, we have the ability to refuse a script and also have the ability to discuss with the doctor if he really thinks its a good idea in certain situations. Just because it was written, doesn’t mean it will be dispensed, like i said, we are watching- and really its more obvious then you would think. It is more a legal obligation then a moral obligation like a morning after pill would be. We have to protect against abuse. And I will tell you, it does happen.

:tup: real Pharmacists.

fuck pain…take it like a man and cry in a corner until it goes away…

Anybody ever gone to multiple pharmacies to get scripts filled because one won’t do it?

I can’t believe so many of you young guys are having to take such hardcore pain meds…that’s really sad. I can’t imagine what your life will be when you are 40-50.

itll suck :frowning:

meh… I already feel like I’m 40 :frowning:

:word::wstupid: Same here…herniated disc and bum hip sucks…

LOL, 3 herniated discs, I had surgery on one of them.

I have a bad right ankle, bad left knee, bad right hip, bummed shoulder, and a strained arch in my left foot every time I’m remotely active lol

I don’t take pain pills at all, I;m growing to like the pain I guess, or i just tone it out…

i know a guy who knows a guy, who Pm’ed me?