aluminized exhaust???

WTF dose that mean aluminized…some kinda coating i would imagine…or basically will totally fall off my car after one buffalo winter…ne info on wtf aluminized means…thanks

aluminized makes it last alot longer then pure mild steel

dose it have the potential to rot from the inside out?? and do you think it would last a buffalo winter or 2

mine lasted 4

that awesome because the aluminized is about $300 cheaper than stainless…aluminized FTW

ehh. alum kinda sucks, but what do i know.

not a damn thing bitch…

have fun welding aluminum with your MIG… stop being a vag and go stainless

Do it right once and dont worry about it again

stainless > *

and +1 to the “do it right the first time around” mentality :tup:

:word:
You get what you pay for in the end.

aluminzed sucks ass, might as well be mild as it will be gone in a winter or two.

Also welding aluminized sucks ass due to the fumes it gives off…I wouldnt recommend it, 300 is worth your health.

yeah just do stainless especially if u drive the car all year (which it seems like you do). my friend has alluminized on his '01 Ram and hes only had it on for like 2 years and already its starting to rot out.

stfu noob :stuck_out_tongue:

that exhaust thats on my old civic has been on there for 4 or 5 buffalo winters

its whats on most cars from the factory, and out lasts factory warrenties.

if you’re buying it, and want it to last forever, you cant beat SS. if its an exhaust, and you dont plan on having the car till the day you die, aluminized is fine.

I had an aluminized exhaust on my summer car and it rotted from the inside out in a matter of a couple years.

I wouldn’t buy anything but stainless.

Aluminized is really going to be $300 cheaper than stainless? Wow. A complete stainless mandrel bent Ansa catback for my Jetta is $299 shipped. I’ve found stainless Magnaflow catbacks for $370 shipped.

Available from stock and meets all government specifications for quality. This Type 1 Aluminized Steel is cold rolled steel sheet that has been hot-dip coated both sides with aluminum-silicon alloy by the continuous method. This process assures a tight metallurgical bond between the steel sheet and its aluminum coating, producing a material with a unique combination of properties possessed neither by steel nor by aluminum alone. Aluminized steel sheet has the surface characteristics of aluminum with the superior strength and lower cost of steel. It is supplied usually with a soft satiny finish. It may be ordered “extra smooth” when higher reflectivity is desired. Weight of the aluminum coating applied to both sides of the sheet is approximately 0.40 ounces per square foot providing a thickness coating of about .00075” of aluminum per side. All thicknesses of steel receive the same weight of coating. Aluminized Sheet Type 1 resists destructive heat scaling to 1250° F., rejects as much as 80% of radiant heat up to 900° F. with excellent resistance to heat and corrosion.

Notes:
Temper - Stocked in commercial quality temper and drawing quality this material may be bent 180° over a bending radius equal to twice its thickness without flaking or peeling. Commercial quality is not produced to Rockwell harness restrictions.

Forming Characteristics - Suitable for forming, shallow drawing and embossing. When severe drawing applications are required, Special Killed Drawing Quality Material is available on special order.

Typical Applications - Baking pans and covers, barbecue grills, burners, furnaces and space heaters, mufflers, water heaters, popcorn poppers, incinerators, etc.

U also have to rememeber on Summer only cars that sit all winter with moisture building up in the pipes…but if the car will be driven all winter and moisture will be burned off its going to last longer than if it sits all winter and allows moisture build up…

Hell try 409 stainless then…it will surface rust, but is cheaper than 304 or 321

Most factory cars do NOT come with aluminized exhaust…I should know as I have worked on just about every new GM and asian car that has been on the market since 98, dealer or otherwise :wink:

^
the 7 year old stock (thats from the factory and its a GM) :slight_smile: aluminzed exhaust on my saab still looks fine, as well as the one on the civic.

i still see no reason to go stainless unless you plan to drive a car forever.