Places To Get Exhaust Made?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of some decent places (that aren’t too expensive) to get an exhaust made. I have the cat and the mufflers. I want to do dual exhaust and only need the piping (with a y connector) to be made. The exhaust would go straight back from the exhaust manifold to y connector, then out a lil bit on each side and then a 90ishº bend, then the mufflers. Any suggestions?

Hybrid Connection.

Yep… I’ve heard a lot of good things about their work :tup:

I heard good things about Hybrid also … do you know if there is a waiting list to get an exhaust made or no? I need to get my car inspected before I can put it on the road and the exhaust that I have on there now just aint gonna cut it.

PM Carnut, or look in the advertisors section and give them a call. As far as I know, and it don’t know very much for sure, so this is an opinion. They are usually very quick, I had some work done by them and they got me off and running in a very timely manner. It all depends on what work they have to do etc.

best bet is to get in touch with them though, don’t worry Don’s bark is much worse than his bite. Lee on the other hand. . . .ugh and don’t get me started on Josh. But seriously they are a great group of guys there and will take good care of you and your car! :tup: x eleventy billion

i actually know first hand that their exhausts come out very well as the hatchback im working on was originally bought from someone at hybrid and they put a side-exhaust on it and its solid. def. go there and get it done

What are you looking to have this exhaust made from?
Aluminized steel or Stainless?

I don’t mean to sound like an idiot, but which is “better”? The aluminized steel or the stainless? What are exhausts usually made out of?

stainless will cost more $$, but will last alot longer, especially if your car is driven during the winter.

that’s what I thought … i stop by hybrid tomorrow and see what they say …

Stainless is the only choice. It would be stupid to spend $$$ on a custom exhaust and have it rot away in 2 years.

I had a custom stainless dual setup done at Dons Welding in Depew… Great guys… very reasonable on the pricing… and nice work…

+1 for hybrid, and the work of the guys there

:tup:

Hybrid did mine.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/VR4/DSC00266.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/JACK1992VR4/VR4/DSC00260.jpg

Looks like stainless?

:cool:

Stainless all the way.
What you see is 2.5 from the front turbo, 2.5 from the rear pre-cat, 3" collector, 3" flexpipe, 3" high flow cat, 3" resonator, 3-2.5 Y, 2.5 resonators, 3" tips.

Sweeeeeet!

Back to the matter at hand. If you are going to spend the money on a custom exhaust, pony up the cash for stainless. I had aluminized mufflers on my car at one point and they were garbage after a couple years.

HC :tup:

:word:

Excellent work, reasonable prices. :tup:

I wish they did domestic exhaust, i have some work that needs to be done when my truck is finished.