custom exhaust

im a newb at the diy automotive world…i dont dig the way a lot of 300ZX exhausts look/sound or the fact that except for one kind, theyre all $1000+
…can u not just bend your own pipes at whatever diameter you wish anyway you want as long as it fits and use whatever mufflers you want to get the look/sound you want? i dono…would this even be cost efficient

hybrid

if hybrid cant do it cause of not having a fabricator…Muffler man did Real Deals on his Z…but check eBay tooo man

You can’t really bend your own unless you have a seriously expensive mandrel bending machine or are OK with “crush bent” pipes. Crush bent pipes get crushed when they’re bent (duh) so you wind up with a smaller diameter pipe at bends. Nobody in WNY has a mandrel bender, which maintains a constant diameter throughout the bend during the bending process.

The way that places like hybrid get around that and still build high quality performance exhausts is by purchasing pre-done mandrel bent pieces, then cutting/welding. That way you wind up with an exhaust system made to your/their specs that has no extra flow restrictions at the bends.

This article gives some decent basic info on DIY exhaust design.
http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage/engine.php#Exhaust%20Systems

This is why people buy the HKS Hiper…its 500 or less shipped and outflows any exhaust on the market for the car…paying someone to fab one up is going to cost more than that…if you dont like the looks then plan on spending more $ to get less performance.

yea, ill probably end up buying it…but…andy and josh already have it…its kind of growing on me…but…i dont like the giant cans that are angled outwards, looks kind of silly…ill check with hybrid

yeah have a shop do it the described above (cutting/welding pre bent pieces)

Djnick made mine and did a good job on it. PM me if you want his #, he’ll do it for a damn good price usually too.

i heard if u fill the piping with sand on a crush bender, it makes mandrel bends. but its seem too much wrk for just exhaust. get something thats manufactured and performance proven.

Just give us a call monday and have it done right, exactly the way you want it. Our new fabricator is much more efficient ;).

who is ur new fabricator

I heard its that guy who made the post showing is tig weldin skills

are you trying to be sneaky about whos working for hybrid?

if thats not the most retarded thing on the planet to be sneaky about, i dont know what it.

but i still <3 you

Buy the HKS, I think it looks hot and for $500 you get not one but 2 fart cans, you cant go wrong there

wtf happened to lee? apparently I’m outta the loop.

JnJ???/…from what Don said Lee is taking a break

We hired on Lowlyoilburner. Lee quit and was burned out. Matt is the man…plain and simple. I have seen alot of his work…you know, since he works here and all :stuck_out_tongue: Needless to say he is the man… Stop in and we can do something for you for sure. :slight_smile:

Don

what are the odds your guys work will be cheaper than just buying the hks for 500 bucks???

1 in a million.

so i’m telling you there’s a chance.

goto Hybrid and get an estimate

Stop in or give us a call, you have to tell us what you want done (type of mufflers, etc).