where does everyone get their exhaust done?

or do u do it yourself? im lookin for a place preferably in cheektowaga that does mandrel bending i need a downpipe made and i dont have a welder so i cant do it myself

its either they take it to hybrid or they ask me to build it for free :rofl:

no … im not building you an exhaust !

I had hybrid build one for my old maxima

i used to go to mufflerman, then this one guy (the fat guy) totally fucke dover 2 of my best friends so i had my Dakota done by a guy my mechanic knows names Pierre and he ownes a company called Mobile Muffler. theyat guy does AWSOME work and his prices a re very very good, if u want to see his work, feel free to PM me and u can look at my truck sometime

my current catback is from muffler man but i thought they just crush bend?

pierre is my best friends uncle he drives a blue truck with a bug deflector that says muff diver

I have a welder
so soon i will be making my own exhaust attempts
should be entertaining:D

djnick does some good exhaust work, he did my turbo back

MAC

Hmm, I know many that have gone to MM, and never had a problem?

Anyways, Hybrid is where I go/will be going in the spring…

well, first off, i jsut want to re-itterate that Pierre is the shit when it comes to doing exhaust systems. second of all, i’d be more than happy to explain how my friends got screwed over just so u r prepared when it happens to you. OK:
first friend: had an exhaust system done on his parent’s tahoe. came back 2 days later because one of the hangers wasnt welded on tight enough and one pipe ended up hanging a little lower than the other. ‘the fat guy’ told him he backed into something and it wasnt thier fault. hmm, interesting because the way he had the exhaust doen, he would have had to dent the bumper in about 2" for anything to hit the pipes (and jsut gfor the record, it was an older thaoe with the big ass chrome bumpers). so he had to go somehwere else and pay more money for some1 else to fix it cuz the guy at muffler man told him to get lost.
second friend: had exhaust done on his brother’s Lightning (Kingsario’s cousin i think, so he might be able to back me up on this one) and they ahd to custom make the tips out of polished stainless. well, after my friend got it home, he noticed that there were scratches and gouges all over the tips which you could tell were from where they were sawing something and ‘missed.’ so he takes it abck and ‘the fat guy’ says he will go look at it, which he obviously didnt because he said (again) that he muchs have backed into something and put the sratches in it. well, if he actually did look at it, he would have seen that it was a lightning and the EXHAUST COMES OUT THE FUCKING SIDE and it would quite impossible to back into something and fuck up the exhaust. so after a huge verbal brawl and the threat of lawyers, muffler man eneded up taking the exhaust off and putting the stock onre back on and my friend got a full refund.
ive heard a few toher horrer stories form there as well. and they told me some crazy shit when i was gonna have my R/T done there.

check out the forums vendors! most of them have excellent reputations

What kind of car are we talking about?

no one locally mandrel bends

:word: he did mine from the downpipe back.

I know who that is…well, I know that dude’s wife. haha

DIY

You can DIY…Not that hard at all… K S auto, sales 2 1/4, 2 1/2, and 3" straight and U bend pipes…I beleive the 2 1/2 U bends are like 18 bux or so…
The straight 2 1/2 3’ pipes were under 4 bux…

Cant go wrong with that… If i were U, i would go buy the pipes from there, cut them the way you want, mark them and have someone weld it for ya…

It shouldnt run you no more than 40 bux… <----That includes Beer…

You can also check Ebay

Good Luck!

hybrid put mine on

We can do a downpipe on pretty much anything with any setup. Give us a call or stop in.
674-2772.