Can any members on here custom make an exhaust?

I miss my Trust DD so I want to try and replicate one by getting one custom made.

I’ve called a few places and some have said $600+. That’s not a price I’m even close to paying since metal is very cheap these days. I rather put some money in a members pocket during these hard times.

If you have a shop or have a very close connection with someone who can do this, LMK.

I need 1 Mendral bend

I can offer something in return (tires?) if you can hook me up on a really good price.

I also have parts that I would be willing to trade for the service.

Thanks!

I could do it for you, I will send you an email when I get back on Thursday.

i spoke with sasha about doing this too… i’d be interested in getting one too if you can have it done well and below that price point.

i already bought a 3" -2x2.5" merge collector for it.

I can certainly make you one… Plenty of fab experience and CWB cert welder in TIG. A lil shameless exploitation :P.
1-416-787-2886 (1-416-PUR-AUTO).

I am getting one done for my car also, sasha can make up some i know he can!!! LOL

i am going to make my own i believe tho.

THATS MY SHIT!

Cat back? Hedder/manifold back? dp back?

What size, what type of piping?

We do not have a TIG. Yet, we can MIG pretty good. Have a pipe bender (not mandrel though)

We have done plenty of custom exhaust. Mainly on domestics. Not sure what you had in mind or for even what car.

I’ll see if I can get some pictures of my exhaust. I have 2 full sets of exhaust for my RB S13 from the dp back. 1, 3" straight pipe. No muffler, no catalytic converter, no resonator, no nothing. 4" Stainless steel tip about 18" long. Kinda choppy looking (to me) yet that’s because it was getting late and I wanted to go home lol.
2, street exhaust. 2.5" w/ 18" resonator and 18" body muffler (both Magnaflow) Hollowed cat.

I will try to get pictures come Tuesday.

We’ve got an internal mandrel bender but its honestly cheaper to just go buy your single bend vs having someone setup their machine just to make 1 bend.

Vibrant has 3’’ J Bends for I believe $60 where as most shops would want 1hr labour to simply setup their bender for you.

what im doing is cuting a muffler off a 3" over axle back… take 1 2 1/2 u bend cut em to make my close fit y… weld on two magan flow 3" x 18" tips boom blast pipes made

Can this setup include a resonator to avoid being harassed by the 5-O? I’m not sure if there is enough space to fit one that is big enough to be functional. I love that look.

yeah man im keeping the cat back to axle which has the res in it

That would still be way to loud, any options to make this setup “road worthy”? I saw the blast pipes on zilvia before, it just looks soo good with the car.

http://enjukuracing.com/reinhard-stainless-dual-tips-turbo-catbacks-s1314-p-8752.html?cPath=2_111

anyone with some decent pricing?

how much would materials be, just curious. let’s say a magnaflow resonator 1 into 2 pipes.

Well what would you consider “decent”

I already stated Vibrant has 3’’ J Bends from $60 which is 2-90’s, 1-45’ and a straight piece once you chop it up. They sell 3’’ Resonators from $60. So materials could be a minimum of $120 + some straight tubing bought from metal supermarkets.

And personally, coming from someone who has a mandrel bender. I will go buy a 3’’ J bend from Vibrant for $60 before I wasted 1 minute of time setting up the bender unless I had hundred of bends to do.

the resonators, how many variations are there? trying to get a real deep sound so what type/model of resonator would i need?

Well Vibrant has two styles… the standard round/bottle type or an ultra quiet type which I think is more oval then round. Bottle type would be louder obviously but whether it would give you the deep sound your after I couldn’t say. But splitting from 1 pipe to 2 for the exit would defiantly change the sound vs just a single pipe.

In the end… sound “in my opinion” can be trial and error depending on how you design the system or what kind of sound you want in the end. Changing the exit size or tip style can help to alter the sound. Size “width and length” of the resonator would come into play as well as the dia of the exhaust piping itself.

samson just buy my exhaust

^^ I didn’t know it was for sale.

Bee*R?

What exhaust is that? That’s sexy!