exhaust price?

what did you guys pay for your exhaust? and what kind? i sorta believe in the you get what you pay for, and i want to do my exhaust in july,agaust. I was looking at custom made, decent price and my pick of mufflers, but recently i have found that greddy makes the sp2 for my car and it would be around roughly $1000, and i was wondering if that is expensive and i am just paying for the name? any info would be great, expeirences anything? please

I got my exhaust done at sherwood exhaust. it was 300 $ from the header back to a magnaflow muffler. I had my VW done there too. he does awesome work. :slight_smile:

I paid $900 for an HKS Hi-Power exhaust system thing.

Are you the one putting in the RB25 cause you really sound like knowledgeable guy. :roll:

i never new the rb could fit into my car, i was thinking about turboing my alti, but not sure, see i was thinking custom 2 1/4 manderal bends, resonator to keep it less bumble bee sounding to either a magnaflow or borla

Watch out for the rust. :?

rust? on the greddy? how come?

Watch out for the rust. :?[/quote]

Mine is still running strong. HKS supper dragger II i believe. Sounds great and decently quiet for a 90mm pipe. It howels when i step on it tho.

If you are keeping the car NA then I would honestly recomend not bothering with mandrel bent exhuast. It probably only adds maybe 2HP at the highest RPM’s. On a normal NA car, a well built custom exhuast with smooth gradual crush bent curves will give you all the feel and looks and sound you are looking for with less $$$$. I did this on my integra GSR i had and never regreted it. I would also recomend looking into an accual muffler, not just a resonator or glass pack for your car. You will find most of them are buzzy. Try a baffled muffler with no restrictions to get a low tone without the buzz. also, remember that on NA if you go to big without any resistance you lose bottom end torque, which you will notice as you drive it around town everyday. I tried the large straight through exhuast on my integra and found it buzzy and I had lost low end torque that I could notice, not that it had much to begin with. And I added another restrictive resonator to the system and it cut the noise in half, reduced the buzzing and increased my power and torqe in the normal RPM’s, without really effecting the feel of the high RPM’s.

Just my recomendations! Save alot of money!

If you are keeping the car NA then I would honestly recomend not bothering with mandrel bent exhuast. It probably only adds maybe 2HP at the highest RPM’s. On a normal NA car, a well built custom exhuast with smooth gradual crush bent curves will give you all the feel and looks and sound you are looking for with less $$$$. I did this on my integra GSR i had and never regreted it. I would also recomend looking into an accual muffler, not just a resonator or glass pack for your car. You will find most of them are buzzy. Try a baffled muffler with no restrictions to get a low tone without the buzz. also, remember that on NA if you go to big without any resistance you lose bottom end torque, which you will notice as you drive it around town everyday. I tried the large straight through exhuast on my integra and found it buzzy and I had lost low end torque that I could notice, not that it had much to begin with. And I added another restrictive resonator to the system and it cut the noise in half, reduced the buzzing and increased my power and torqe in the normal RPM’s, without really effecting the feel of the high RPM’s.

Just my recomendations! Save alot of money![/quote]

3 inch exhaust with crush bent makes your exhaust turn into 2.25 max. It is very worth while. Just remember to subract about 25% in diameter when you add a crush bend.

i was going to add a resonator and a muffler, so with a NA car it is alright to go with crushed, wow, that saves like 200 alone right there, thanks alot guys,

Phat240’s HKS exhaust is rusting… So much for brand names.

If you are able to keep the curves smooth and gradual, you can keep the bends from getting to “crushed”. I wouldn’t go as big as a 3" as your piping will turn into a resonator and increase your volume. fine at the track, but gets lame in the city or on the highway. I wouldn’t go any bigger than 2.5".

HKS is not stainless though

sounds good, what type of universal sounds the best you think? i heard the magnaflow on the sentra, sounds nice, but gonna be diff with my car, i want someting with as low of a tone as possible, 3" tip max, possiby dual.

I have never heard one on a 4banger yet, but maybe try a mucle car muffler, the kind with no glass pack, just tuned baffles, but still hardly any restriction. supposed to give a nice low tone, without any buzzing, then you just add a tip (cheap) to the rear and you can choose whatever you think would look good.

The exhaust on mine was a 2.5" downpipe with a 3" cat back, high flow cat, but it was all stainless and mandrel bent (Thermal R&D premade). The total cost was around $1000, but you can get mild steel 3" turbo back exhaust systems custom made for just over $300 from places like thrifty muffler.