Another reason why Canada sucks...

I went to crystal beach with a few of my friends today. I drove my car which this is the second time ive taken my car to canada and i parked and everything was fine…

I start to walk away and a cop pulls up and goes which one of you guys have a radar detector in your car. Well i say i do and i go why? hes goes hand it over…he goes to fool around with me you know you cant have them here. i go i had no clue and he says there plenty of signs that say you cant… well i must be blind because on the way back i didnt see one sign…

well i told him my radars glued to my dash b/c i broke the clip, he goes well ill rip it off or either take your whole dashboard… so i take it off and hand it over…

he then see my nitrous bottle in the back of my trunk and asks if i have a sticker otherwise its illegal… i have no clue what he meant but he told me to take it out and put it in my friends car…

then he askes for license registration… 5 minutes later he comes back with a ticket for the radar and its a 165 dollar ticket… plus he keeps my 150 dollar radar… he says that having a radar in canada is like brining guns in and then says have a nice day…

well the problem i have he put on the ticket that i was driving with my radar which he did not see since my car was parked the whole time, plus he did not put my full name down on the ticket… so im thinking of trying to fight this…

its such bull shit because i didnt know and the cop was a dick… and CANADA sucks

VG2’s a bitch eh?

And minor issues with the ticket won’t get it thrown out. Period, you had a device that is illegal in that country there isn’t much you can do even if you didn’t know.

Uhmm… More like you broke one of their laws…

It is your responsibility to be aware of the laws in a particular region if you are travelling there.

You can’t just go a piss on someones house just because there wasn’t a sign saying you couldn’t…

should’ve told him you can’t open your car door, your friend has your keys and he won’t be back for hours

but hindsights 20/20

Suck it up, pay your ticket, move on. It’s not worth fighting.

Next time know the laws. Ignorance is not bliss, as you just found out.

Also, I want to say that there are signs right after you cross the peace bridge that say any radar detection devices are prohibited.

is the law actually that it is illegal to USE, or it is illegal to possess? b/c if it’s possession, you’re definitely screwed. if it’s usage, you could go and cry to the judge, but prolly still screwed.

and nomatter how much canada sucks, it will always be saved by the nudies!

Hahahahahaha. Thanks to the fine, next time you try to go to canada, you’ll get turned away for being too poor. AGAIN.

Also, it’s a radar DETECTOR. You don’t have a “radar”.

If a cop tried to take my v1…i’d danza slap his ass

Usually they don’t allow you to cross whatever bridge you took,with out notifying you of the radar law,and asking you to remove it!

Both.

…and the Whirlpool Bridge, and the Lewiston Bridge, and the Rainbow Bridge.

truth… live and learn.

and wasn’t there just a thread on here like a week ago about nitrous in canada?

What are the other reasons why Canada sucks? Because they pay us super smart Americans to dispose of their garbage?

dude there’s like 50 signs on the way in

Iv’e driven into to canada many times with my radar detector and i always just unplug it before i get to customs. Iv’e never been told the law or had a problem. I have also been pulled over in canada with my radar detector on and the cop didnt say a word about it. Maybe ive just been lucky.

i thought this was common knowledge? if you drive around in canada with your radar detector, plugged in or not, your asking for it

Its my understanding since I manage a company out of toronto and deal with canadian customs and so forth all day, that they can take your license plate # down but really cant enter it into their system.
I’m not 100% sure but thats what my boss tells me

I took a ride on the 407 a year ago and still havnt paid the fee cause my work was suppose to take care of it and they never did, not much they can do but keep sending me bills.

the best part is they just use them in their personal cars…lol… as with most places, the law only applies to you if you are not a police officer.

plus the nitrous was just the tank… it wasnt even hooked up or full? and he just kept telling me i need a sticker… wtf i didnt even take anything off the bottle… sorry im just pissed…maybe i should pay attention to road signs more or something… plus i wouldnt be pissed if he caught me driving the fact that i was walking away from my car …

perhaps