CANADIAN TICKET???

well on my way back from Detroit I got the most ridiculous ticket ever! “fail to move over if safe to do so for emergency vehicle” and NO it wasn’t for not moving over for an emergency vehicle to pass.

heres the story
I was on my way home on the highway when i passed 2 cops on the shoulder with a truck pulled over, now mind you this shoulder was HUGE, it could of been a 4 lane highway. these 2 cops were so far over i could have passed them in the shoulder with out any danger. well i pass them and next thing i know the cop is behind me pulling me over, i wasn’t sure why because i wasn’t speeding. he tells me i was pulled over because i didn’t move over to the left lane. there was a truck in the left lane so i really couldn’t. the cop told me it was a NYS law as well but my GFs dad who is a Cop said it wasn’t. While i was pulled over not 1 not 2 but 4 cars passed in the right lane and the 5th was finally pulled over by the other cop and let go right away. I end up getting a Ticket for 490 dollars for this. I find it ridiculous becase you can do a 110mph in a 55 and only gt a 290 dollar ticket.

Canadians or anyone that may know, what can they do? its in St. Thomas so i cant take the time out to drive almost 3 hours there to fight it and theres no court date time. My buddy called an Ontario lawyer who said the most they will do is suspend my license in Ontario for 6 months if i don’t pay, and wont transfer over to NYS. Anyone know what they can or will do?

damn i have no idea but if your gfs dads a cop hes the only hookup you got and sounds like youre gonna need to use him, i guess if you dont pay youre banned in canada? i have no idea what the consequences are, unless they have some traffic agreement with the US that they can put an arrest warrant on you for not appearing in court, straighten that shit out now

no they gave me no court date. He is looking in to what they can do. i never paid a ticket for radar detector years ago and never got shit for it. the lawyer from Canada said they will suspend my license in Ontario for 6 months. ill still be able to enter but just not drive for 6 months i guess. I guess the lawyer seemed sketchy. They only put bench warrants out if you fail to appear to court for the second time. the court appearance box was left empty and he gave me a mail in slip to pay the fine

What a useless post “ubengineering”

His g/f’s father is an officer in the US, zero clout in Canada.

Points do transfer, and they do talk to the US so you will be fucked if you dont pay or plea

I have never dealt with the Canadian court system other than paying tickets so I cannot offer any true advice other than “lawyer up”.

Sounds like a load of crap to me!

thats CRRRAAAZZZYYYYY

but serliously, thats fucking lame. if it was in ontario i believe it transfers over to nys, maybe then u could have jens dad do something about it?

^^ oops. nvm that

first off, fight it anyways.

you can apply to have the trial moved closer to you… for that amount of money you better cause a stink.

what law did you break? section of the HTA? (highway traffic act)

select option 3 on the back of the ticket and mail it back immediately.

no matter what you do you should fight and delay.

I think its bullshit. i cant believe you can almost double the speed limit and only get a 300 dollar fine but if you dont move to the left lane if safe to do so (which there was traffic in that lane) you get a 500 dollar fine.

also, i have two speeding tickets in NYS… one of which is unpaid. 16 months old

it has not hit my canadian license and i know this because a friend who is a police officer showed me my record on his computer and neither one was there.

Ya check on that,part of canada goes on the usa license I think but I doubt it will go on ur license.

if you do 50 over in Ontario now you get boot fucked for serious… $2000 fine minimum

section: 159.1 (2)

what do you mean fight and delay ?

or could also just chew up the ticket and spit it out on the ground.

at least iv seen certain canadian citizens do this, who mostly drive s13’s

the law states to basically slow down and proceed with caution and if safe to do so move over. which there was traffic and didnt have time to move over from what i remember. and they were so far over on the shoulder i didnt think anything of it because as far as i know its not a NYS law

http://hwy-law.com/R-Demerit.htm

<3

Pay your tickets!

i was just not going to pay it and not drive in canada for awhile. I was going to fight it if they sent me something in the mail.

theres no section on the ticket about moving the court closer. St Thomas is almost 3 hours from me.

Fuck Canada. Don’t pay, even if you can’t get out of it. I would go to the DMV and just make sure they can’t fuck you here on a bs ticket like that.

sorry i never got a ticket knock on wood and dont know how to deal with them

the ticket should be yellow correct?

back of it should have 2 or 3 options. select the trial option and send it back

they will send you some mail about the trial…

send a request for disclosure (officers notes)

all this shit is free to do and buys you at least 6 months.

also, there is a drag strip in St. Thomas, so get the court date set on a friday then boot up there to fight it and hit the strip afterwards.

Then why did you bother responding if you clearly had nothing of any weight to add?