any lawyers?

looking for lawyer or lawyer advice. that Canadian ticket is screwing me. i send in my ticket only to receive a overdue notice and its up to 643.75

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44260&highlight=canadian+ticket

im going to make this easy for people. a lot of you are not understanding.

i sent the ticket it in pleading not guilty. i received nothing in the mail about it and no phone number to contact them was on the ticket. they only wanted me to send my credit card number through the mail which i was not going to do. 3 months later (now) i receive a notice claiming its overdue and i owe 150 more. how was i to know this would happen since i sent the ticket in pleading not guilty like any other ticket.

I been here before. the next letter you will get will state something to the effect of an arrest warant has been issued, and if you return to canada you face incarseration. I was spooked everytime i was in Canada for the next 10 years. I never did pay it, and go across now often with no ill effects. I imagine theres a staute of limitations on traffic infractions.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rx3:

call the da . im sure there is a # or something on the ticket… they should be able to tell u what would happen if you dont pay… and if you dont pay you just can go to get Italian Sausage anymore (no gay)

i sent the ticket in like fucking bing told me to

thanks bing for the advice :tdown:

you are retarded, that was polish sausage you douche. the dude didn’t even look or speak Italian

what ev you still knew what i was talking about

figure a way to pay this ticket soon. They will issue a warrant for you and next time you run into the police for anything they will be able to impound your car and take you in, trust me ive had a very similar instance happen to me that you are facing now.

Kev, call me later tonight ill call my lawyer and see what he says about all this for sure…

I assume you are talking about Canadian Provincial police…?

How much do you think getting a lawyer involved is going to cost you? Suck it up and pay it if you ever want to go to canada again.

So it’s cost you a little over $150 so far for taking nyspeed legal advice, then you come back and ask for more.

:tup: to keeping the faith in online car community legal advice. :lol:

hahahaha JayS always lets people have it

I feel bad for him actually. Some people in the original thread suggested he take care of this, but the majority of nyspeed said, “nah, just ignore it”.

Now he’s getting deeper in the hole.

Step one when you find yourself in a hole…STOP DIGGING.

PM Stairs, she works at a law office and can ask a real lawyer, or roll the dice on the nyspeed legal-advice-o-matic.

Bah. Don’t listen to this guy. There’s always cool stuff at the bottom.

i don’t see any reason to go to canada after you’re 21 unless to go to Dunneville…

and i’m sure there’s a statute of limitations on it like somebody already mentioned…that’d be the first thing i found out.

Toronto, Montreal, Lundy’s Lane I can go on for days.

Most people in the buffalo area frequent canada for many different reasons. The GTA has alot more to offer than Buffalo.

im pretty fucking sure i didnt ask for nyspeed advice. i asked if anyone knows a lawyer so i can talk to. unless im reading something different then what i wrote im pretty sure i dont give a fuck what you have to say unless you are a lawyer.

anyways i didnt say im going to use a lawyer unless i need to but id like to talk to a lawyer that may be fimilar with this stuff. i sent in the ticket pleading not guilty to fight it and they are claiming im already convicted and tacked on another 143 dollars. they keep sending me a credit card forum for a credit card number. YA thats what im going to do send my credit card number through the mail.

Stairs you know a lawyer?

hmm ill talk to my dad 4 ya kev

for those of you just tuning in:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44260

EDIT: my bad, not the first dumb thing i’ve done today.