I need help. i got arrested last night.

delivering pizzas, i got pulled over for having a headlight out. no problem, i give the officer my license. he comes back and says get out of the car, handcuffs me, and impounds my car. turns out i have 2 old tickets i never paid for… drive back to the station, have walker drop off the bail money, and go home.

so i went and got my car today, and i have to go back to court in a few days for my hearing. they said i needed a lawyer… i don’t know what the fuck to do.

has this happened to anyone here before? anyone have any suggestions on where to begin?

dumb question, but y didnt u just pay the tickets in the first place? and im sure (depending on what town its in) they will prob just say something like "well, just pay us for the tickets, and give us $[depending on what kind of mood the judge is in] and dont do it again.’ thats the best case scenario. worst case scenario…u might be spending a few days in jail and/or not be driving (legaly) for a while. that would be my guess. if i was actually out of law school by now, id try and help u out, but unfortunately, thats a few years away. good luck though

ever been arrested before?

get a PD if you can’t afford an actual lawyer. sorry to hear man.

talk to jack, sounds like u might have to get a lawyer (i wouldnt cause i think its wasting your money, tell them that you can’t afford one), pay the fines and next time pay your tickets.

how old were the tickets?

a year in jan.

i think i’m gonna get a pd.

wow
I better get the ones i have in depew from august taken care of…sorry for you misfortune.

ya. i’d suggest you do that… take it from me, jail is not fun.

well, if it makes you feel better, i got arrested for one outstanding ticket in tonawanda. I got a tix for that, speeding, and expired ins card. Went to court and it was all reduced to 2 parking tix. Go in and play the good kid part, and youll most likely be fine…

seriously, that happened to me once, i went into court, showed them that the tickets were paid, and they reduced it to two parking tickets, total $150

yeah that stuff doesn’t just go away man, even out of state, it’ll catch up w/you

dont play too stupid the judge will beat up on you for being naive, ignorance is no excuse to the law and shouldn’t be really

hopefully you were on your way back to the pizza shop, id be pissed if it was my pizzas that were in route when they towed my car… cops prolly ate ur pizza…

good luck, get a pd, and hope for the best… wish i could help you

if u didnt go to the holding center U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK JAIL IS!!!

shoulda just paid you tickets

yeah i think your best bet is just goin in there and saying to the judge “you honor, i kno that i have done wrong by not paying these tickts, and i am sorry and realize my mistakes. this is something that should have been taken care of immidately and not left to slide.” or something to that effect. basically, say you’re sorry and admit that u were an idiot. i think the fact that u were man enough to admit your mistakes and are willing to suffer the consequences will be enough for them to let u off easy

you learned your lesson the hard way, like I did

been there, done that, you need to go to court, first call the places where you got the tickets, get a notice of appearence ASAP, for both, then take them to court for your current ticket, the judge will fine you, not convict, and you need to pay all three asap

i drove with a suspended licsence for 4 years, 3 times ive been arrested, it sucks

actually ive been arrested like 5 times, but three were for my suspended license

i dont understand why you didint just pay the ticket in the first place? :gotme:

:word: id say that would be a good way to handle it

not helping

a lawyer helps

i have the number to a very good one (the one that kept me out of jail)

let me know if you need it.

lawyer fees for traffic stuff normally isnt too bad