anyone ever tear a biceps??.ouch!!!!

i tore my bicep the other day at the gym, i have to say it is one of the most intense constant pains i have ever had. it will take about 3 months for it to reattach itself unless i want surgery. it sucks, i was making such progress with my training, this was my 1st injury in a while…

WOW, that is pretty serious man. Take it easy so you don’t pay for it the rest of your life.

holy shit dude! that sucks. i’ve never tore anything like that before. i happy i havent. i heard those bi tears are nasy painful.

That sucks man… if I recall weren’t you trying to get ready for some competition?

Damn I’m sure that does hurt. Sorry to hear…

too much…:jerkit:

sorry to hear babe. Hope you take this time to rest…dont be dumb and go back before it heals.

if you need anything let me know…

Sucks man…I never tore anything lifting. The feeling of not being able to train is terrible…it gets to be an obsession some times. Are you gonna do anything at all? Maybe you can do some leg stuff…shoulders…I dunno it is limited what you can do w/o aggravating that bicep. Good luck with the recovery…and don’t rush it …all that will do is lay you up even more.

that sucks.

A couple years ago I tore a low back muscle squatting.

I previously pulled the muscle when i was in high school during a football game. I got hit and bent backwards in a funny way. It was always a problem area that I had to take care to not re injure.

well I thought it was healed nicely and that I rehabbed it well enough. So about 2 years went by and I started back into heavy squatting. I felt good for a while and then one day I felt a burning stinging feeling in my lower back again. I thought it was nothing. I woke up the next day and wasn’t able to walk. I just stayed off it for a bit but then it started to spasm. The spasms were so intense that it put me in tears numerous times.

I eventually went to the emergency room. They gave me some muscle relaxers, Valium and vicodin. It healed up in a couple weeks.

So after that I paid a ton of attention of strengthening and stretching my core out. Since then I have been okay.

I tore muscles in my upper back a few years ago shoveling snow. it was just one of those weird movements that tore a muscle on the toss. Immediately I felt uncomfortable, but the next day I could not even stand it was so bad. A year later I was lifting back and I tweaked it again. It’s been a problem spot ever since day 1. I hope you don’t have as much problems with your bicep!

Amazingly enough i’ve never torn a single muscle…at 145 in HS running track…leg pressing 535 max you think i would have screwed something up…but nope :smiley: Sucks to hear though…be careful…soft muscle tissue takes FOREVER to heal

few weeks ago i tore cardilage between my ribs and my sternum…
I couldnt take deep breathes and had to keep my back bent forward doing anything for about 3 days. it sucked ass

pussy

If you don’t mind what were you doing (exercise)?

barbell curls for reps with 185lbs.

that is alot of weight!

:ugh:

Jesus… I don’t even weigh that.

500 lbs is a warmup for leg press, pussy. :smiley:

Good luck with the bicep.

sucks, ive pulled/strained some muscles in my back to the point I couldnt put weight on it.

I couldnt imagine tearing something in my arm. Thats gotta suck.

almost 4 times my body weight…i doubt many could do so