Pulled ligament?

So I had been lifting weights trying to get somewhat back in shape as I am trying to get this new plumbing job and I am 100% sure that I’m getting it. Any who, I started with 35 lbs and did 3 reps of 12 with that, then did a rep of 10 at 50 lbs., which not that much weight. well last night I woke up in like total agony. Is it possible to pull the ligament that attaches your bicep to your forearm? I can extend my arm about 3/4 of the way, anything after that and it feels like the muscle is being ripped apart. I’ve never had this happen before. Maybe I over did it? Just wondering if anybody else has ever had this happen to them and what was the outcome.

Are you talking 50lb barbell total weight or 50lb dumbells?

I doubt you pulled it if you didn’t feel it when working out…

probably a strain somewhere where the inflammation aggrevated it. Ice it, take ibuprophen. relax

well it was your first time back to the gym. Any workout is going to hurt the next day because youre muscles are being shcoked into creating new fiber. Its like telling them to do something that they have completly forgotten how to do. Also, u never said what exercise you were doing. Im guessing curls? No matter what exercise you are doing you need to do warmups. I injured my back because i was being careless and didnt do any warmup exercises. 35 pounds is not a warmup exercise for anyone. When i do arms i warm up byutaking 15’s or MAYBE 20’s and curling them. I dont use perfect form i kind of get my whole arm and shoulder into it. Kind of a swinging motion to loosen everything up (this is why i use light weight because executing this motion with heavy weight will most likely injure you, but doing this with leight weight is great way to warm yourself up.) I also do behind the neck dumbel extensions with the same weight to warm up my triceps. I do this for at least 5 minutes and even longer in the winter months because youre muscles are much more tight inthe cold and muscle fiber is harder to create in the cold because your muscles do not expand and contract as easily. you will also find that at the end of your warmup will will already have a nice little pump going. You are probably fine but there is a chance u could have pulled something, its rather difficult to do with arm mucles but it can happen. If you actually tore something u probably wouldve went to the hospital by now because the feeling you would have would scare you. Numbness followed by sharp pains and extremely limited movement. Dont go to the gym for a few days just rest.

P.S. wait till u do ur chest lol