anyone here ever bruise a rib?

I bruised my rib on friday night and have been in intense pain since then. I’ve been on a steady cocktail of 800mg ibu’s and natty ice’s (for a night cap so I can fall asleep) for the most part. How long does this shit take to heal? I’m only sleeping about 3 hours a night because of it (then again, sleeping on a couch isnt very comfortible anyway)… anything that helped deal with it? Wish I had some tabs or something :frowning: ugghhhhh I know drinking with ibu’s isnt very good for you

you may have broken it. you can’t do much either way, so just let it heal.

thats not cool :tdown: When I fell on it, I heard a “pop” followed by gasping for air

it hurts right under my armpit and right where my sternum meets 2 of the ribs… I sneezed on my way to work this morning and almost crashed :frowning:

That can be serious, might want to get it checked out to make sure if it is broke that no organs are cut up

Doubt there’s any internal injury to organs, but it wouldn’t hurt to check if you can. As for the ribs, broken or bruised, like newman said, there’s nothing you or a doctor can do. I’ve bruised my ribs a few times and you usually deal with nasty pain for a few days then it starts to subside.

i was f’d up for about a month when i had bruised a rib

it sucks

going to the doctors today for xrays just in case. I feel a little better now that the 800 is kicking in though

thx peeps

Do you not like your liver or something?

I know, its not good to do, but like I said… it’s that or no sleep and I need to keep my job/stay on top of things :frowning:

i dont think ibuprofen and beer are bad. now “asprin” acetominophen and beer = liver stress.

umm hello do you know how the liver works?:rant: If he is popping 800mg IBU and drinking beer he is over owrking his liver. Which can cause severe Renal failure or Sorosis of the liver. You should FOR NO REASON !!!EVER!!! take more than 2000mg of IBU within a 24 hour period. And even that depends on the person, personaly I take two 800mg IBU a day for arthritis in my shoulder, now that shit hurts.

when did this turn into NYECU.com?

these threads crack me up.
go see a doctor man.

just got back, no broken bones that he seen in the xrays (said the xray tech is goona look at them closer tomorrow)… said there wasn’t much he could do but proscribe me more Ibu’s and some pain meds

I cracked a rib last winter. As long as you didn’t puncture a lung, which you definitely didn’t, you’ll be fine in a month or two. You are right, sneezing is horrid in your condition.

at least you got it checked out. Now take it easy and heal up.

cracked one snowboarding. couldn’t take a deep breath without sharp pain for about 3 months.

play baseball and u get hit in the ribs alot… two seasons ago i got hit 7 times in the ribs … 85 mph pitches at ur ribs do tend to hurt…

all u can do is just let it heal