Anyone have a bone bruise?

Well let me say that 120 lbs semi brake drum is greater then my leg. I was moving some drums off of skid when the one below the one I was moving for some reason decided it didn’t like its current position anymore. It came down and hit the side of my leg hard. Thankfully I moved my foot in time before it crushed it. My boss sent me to the ER because I was white as a ghost and in a good amount of pain.

After about an hour at the ER getting x-rays and waiting, the diagnosious was a bone bruise. The doctor said it should get a bit better in a couple of days but to take an easy on it till then.

Is there any thing I can do speed up the recovery? I just started to get into a jogging routine a couple of weeks ago and would like to get back to jogging and exercising ASAP but don’t want to make the injury worse. Thoughts and recommendations? I was told to do a lot of walking as long as it doesn’t hurt.

Before you say it, I know I shouldn’t be asking NYSpeed for medical advice.

just take the time and let it heal, there is no real magical solution to letting your body heal at its own pace.

if you do wanna keep up the excersie then use something that is minimal to no impact on it like riding a bike

hey its kinda like my thread. i just started a jogging routine as well and i fucked up my foot.

Yeah this should be similar to a shin splint so just try and ice it as much as possible.

Ice and motrin

Dont be stupid and let it heal. Make it worse now and hate yourself later.

I pulled a muscle in my ankle and didnt let it heal right, now I cant so much as skate a whole hockey game w/o having to stab myself with local anaesthetics (needle+lidocaine=no fun) to take the edge off.

I had one, they take months years before they stop hurting completely.

Had it on my shin, had a 90 pound speaker land on my leg.

Were you advised on exercising practices?

Call your doctor and ask, it’s not like he/she is going to yell at you lol

Problem solved :headbang:

I continued to play lacrosse at the time, and it would just be very sore afterwords.

True. I’ll call them tomorrow on break.

Same thing happened to me on mutiple occasions. Used to be a diesel tech, had about 3-5 drums hit some part of my body over the 10yrs i was there. As mentioned if it’s not a terrible pain walk it off. Otherwise just take it easy. never had a issue otherwise.

I had several ribs bruised. It hurt like hell for about 2 weeks. Then it just became an annoyance. The worst was coughing felt like i was getting kicked in the chest. I wasn’t given any tips on how to speed it but i really wish i was cause damn it sucked.

I had a bad one on my arm under my Bicep while playing football from a helmet. Playing middle linebacker there was no hope in protecting it so it was there the entire season and many tingly arms ensued.

I was told good nutrition. It just takes time for your bones to heal themselves so nothing really except just give it the ingredients it needs to rebuild. Some vitamins and stuff. For me it was when my femur decided to make contact with my tibia while my ACL was torn. Sweet stuff.

dude, those bruises on your bone are never going away.

bruised my ribs a year and a half ago… worst… pain… ever.

let the shit heal… take it easy and enjoy the time off

:burnin: always works for me!