Anyone Mountain Bike?

Yeah, I am getting back into it. Still getting my legs back and my technique needs TONS of work still. Its been quite some time since I rode.

Anyways though, I picked up a new bike the other day, and have been wondering if anyone else here rides? I would be interested in finding some good places to ride, and maybe some people to ride with also. I always go alone, which is nice at times, but it’d be much more fun to go with some other people, and I really don’t know of anyone?

Again, nothing too difficult yet.

BMX > mountain biking :slight_smile: Just don’t turn into one of those extreme urban mountain biker fags that thinks jumping down a staircase to flat is cool/new

Cory, I will be trail riding. Lol. At best It would be fun to huck shit though.

I’ve got a freind who does trials biking though. Friggin insane shit.

ill trail ride on my bmx dependin on how extreme the trail gets.

I may be up for it sometime, although i have no rack for my car anymore

I MTB a few times a week generally. Either at Hunter’s or E-ville. Sprague Brook just opened up a new single track, I have to go check that out one of these days. Let me know if you want to ride, I’m always game to ride with new people.

edit: what kind of bike did you pick up?

steve, i have been looking to get back into it too. i was going to toss my tioga cityslickers on, but if i have someone to offroad with, i might hold off.

I wanted to get into this as well. I bought a bike last year and rode around the block on it; decided I wouldnt do it enough alone so I returned it. What kind of bike did you get?

im just getting back into it too. hunters creek was a bit wet in some places when we checked it out, but most of it was pretty cool. im hoping to check out the pendelton trails again soon.

what do you guys think of the scott reflex 30? i tried a few different ones and its the one i felt the most comfortable on.

I picked up a Gary Fisher Tarpon.

How difficult are the trails out at Hunters Creek Park? I’ve bee hiking out there, it’s nearby my house and my girlfriends house is RIGHT there pretty much. I know there is some pretty intense hiking trails in there.

I’ve been riding alone at West Falls Park the past few days. But there aren’t a whole lot of trails back there, and I’m chewing through everyting fast.

And JJ, definitely let me know. I’m always up for a nice weekend, or even weekday evening ride.

most of hunters was fairly easy. the bike i was using has no suspension and horrible brakes/tires, so a few of the downhills got a bit iffy. some of the climbs were pretty tough too.

i need to learn how to get over some of the taller logs, theres quite a few in there.

i used to ride. last year i piced up a so so bike for kicks, but akron is flat and ghey.

i <3 single track downhill

totally. i am done with school in a week and a half. i really want to get into it again.

you pretty much hit the nail on the head. some of the hills you might have to bail and hoof it up the rest of the way if u are out of shape. they are steep though, almost like ravines.

i can still get over logs like it is my job :smiley:

hell yeah! that is the kind of stuff that puts hair on your chest.

hey…I ride quite a bit, either in ellicottville, Hunters or sprague brooke. Also do most of the local races.

I’d love to get into the sport. But where are some good spots to go around here?

http://wnymba.org/

I’ve got a bianchi lynx in the classifieds if anyone’s looking for a bike. moly frame, shocks, etc.

i’m trying to get a roadbike

if any one doing this and there is a date post it ill be down to ride
lil, its been a while

i use to be on the mountain bike club back during my freshman year of high school. it was a great work out. i dont think i really have rode my bike since then. i wouldnt mind getting back into it if i went with a few people. chestnut ridge also has some long decent trails. the only other place i remember going to was sprague brook
i was actually debating selling it this summer because i havent rode it in so long. well if anyone needs a bike i could sell it. its a GT timberline 21spd. no shocks, shocks are for pussys. it was around $400-450 about 10years ago