Any mountain bikers?

I know there’s a few of you that ride- I’ve been getting back into it more and more lately. Used to race a bit of XC like a decade ago now (on the same bike I’m still riding, yeah, it’s old). Been doing a bit of road riding to attempt to get back into shape for biking.

Been trying to hit up Luther Forest or the stables like once or twice a week. There’s a few locals that I’ve met up with; anyone on here do much riding locally or semi-locally?

I’m thinking if the rain isn’t horrible, hitting up Luther Forest after work today. Or wherever else, if there’s interest.

I do! I live down in guilderland though. I do most of my riding at colonie town park Schenectady Central Park, and the pine bush (contrary to popular belief it’s not all wide sandy trails), I do a good amount of riding when time allows up at the SMBA trails in toga as well since the terrain is amazing. As for riding I can’t tonight but I’m game to go in the future! I just need a heads up so I can put the bike and clothes in the car so I can go from work.

Cool - I’ve yet to go to Central Park, Colonie or Pine bush. We’ll have to shoot for next week then.

I’ll probably try to go over the weekend, but it’s probably gonna be a last minute, go now type thing.

PM’ing you now.

Central Park is cool all rolling single track with some fun bridges and skinnies. Pine bush has similar but a little less technical and not too many bridges or anything. Colonie is rockier singletrack a bit more technical but still not too bad. A few bridges here and there.

Sounds good- gotta get the MTB’ing contingent together!

Let me kno when u guys go. I’d be down

Sweet!

Central Park is pretty sick.

It’s awesome how much trail they pack in such a limited space. I hate parking my car there though.

No bullshit, last year we were parked at the entrance. Get done riding, and putting bikes on rack. All of a sudden a tree limb falls from 50ft above about 2 inches from me and goes under car. Weighed about 100lbs. Unreal, almost died… No big deal.

On a group ride a few yrs ago 5-6 cars had their windows smashed and stuff taken from their cars. I make sure nothing of value is left in my car whenever I go there now.

Well crap. Didn’t ride this weekend, rained like crazy. Managed to ride on the road for an hour yesterday morning when it was actually intermittently sunny.

So anyone have a preferred day/location?

Not Thursdays, and as long as I have enough notice to get the bike/gear into the car before work its good. May try to get a ride in today if I have any free time.

my brother started group rides

https://www.facebook.com/#!/RCubedRunRideRace?fref=ts

I’ve seen him and a bunch of the group at Central Park for the race series that had been going on.

That being said, anyone want to ride at Luther Forest around 6 today? Should be nice with the recent rain.

you should join man! they do a lot of races and events!

Yeah, I’d like to find out more, see how often & where they do races/events. I’d like to get back into racing more; we’ll see how this fall goes.

Fall us my favorite time to ride. Wish there was more daylight.

I hear you- I’d like to hit up SMBA more often but wouldn’t get enough time to ride there by the time I get up there after work. Pretty much save that for the weekends.