Apple stepping across it's bounds again

anyone think that’s a little much?

what a bunch of pansies:

It(Apple Support) also refused to work on the machine due to the “health risks of second hand smoke.”

ohwell

ohwell for you bro… you can’t buy a computer and smoke and have a warranty??? seems like a little much for some computer hardware vendor to throw down, that’s something assinine enough that i’d expect it to be the result of gov’t run healthcare.

ohwell for mac owners that smoke

What are they gonna do about these kinda cases?? 2nd hand smoke concerns :kekegay:
http://www.geekandproud.net/images/feiss1.jpg

Good.

When I was working at ccity fixing computers smokers machines were the nastiest fucking things ever.

that’s pretty fucked up. Apple sucks

True. I have worked on some machines that smelled terrible, but I still wouldnt turn them away. That’s still money to be made.

I’ve seen plenty of machines here at work that have a ton of dust/debris in them. This office is non-smoking. It would be hard to tell in some cases whether it was cigarette smoke or standard dust. Who is making that decision?

“uhhh, this computer is too dusty… it must be from a smoker’s house… VOIDED WARRANTY!”

-1 for Apple Tech Support.

I think its quite easy to identify by the terrible smell if it is dust or smoke.

Thats a pretty strong case for Apple, but being a non-smoker, I support it. Dont like the warranty? quit smoking…

X2

i hate apple.

The point is that this was never mentioned when the warranty was purchased. That would be like you buying health insurance, then having them deny you because you are bald. Which, as a non-chrome dome, I would support.

:squint:

I like apple pie, so i like apple

does that mean i don’t have to work on a car that’s been smoked in?

there’s a lot more shit thats gonna kill you before handling a computer that’s been smoked around.

edit - you’re not allowed to smoke, but feel free to eat fucking mcdonalds 3 times a day if you want

So Ah… For Apple refusing to work on smokers computers… Heres my story.

Just sent my macbook in (because I dropped it and a piece of the plastic cracked) No biggie, but my 3 year coverage for Apple Care was about to be up. So I sent it in for repairs on Wednesday, I proceeded to get my computer back today (Friday, guess they work on Thanksgiving?), with some interesting consequences.

First the good.
They replaced the bottom part of the case where it cracked. (Now this is were it gets interesting) They then decided to replace the top part of the case (which had regular wear and tear scratches), following this they also decided to replace my chip set to give me a updated version, THEN called me to ask if I wanted to upgrade to leopard at a discounted cost. AND Replace my whole monitor, because they said it wasn’t up to par.

So with my computer in my hands it looks and performs like a new machine. I was going to upgrade but hell, they just replaced everything, just because I had Apple Care.

Now the bad.
I have never had a computer company of any kind replace things that I didn’t ask for. Hell, I never had a company replace anything for me without some huge hassle and hours on the phone. Seems to me they went above and beyond the call of duty, BUT in the end still never gave me a blowjob. So Sonny I can see why you would hate mac’s.

i like blowjobs

so you sent in your machine for a warranty repair and ended up paying for an OS upgrade???

i’m not suprised you mailed out your laptop for free repairs and shelled out cash, sounds about right for apple support… keep those marlboro’s away from that macbook though!

x3.

Lets see…

When I left my Macbook in the trunk of the GTO for 5 days in the middle of summer and the Battery stopped working, I called apple support and had one at my door step by 8am the following day.

When my power adapter stopped working, I called apple support and had one at my door step by 8am the following day.

When my DVD Drive stopped working I took it to the Apple store in Shadyside on December 23rd of last year and had it replaced within 2 hours.

Seems to be a pretty good track record for me not shelling out any money.