Are you happy with your car/project?

I love my truck the way it is, but it needs paint. And more horsepower. And a pair of turbos. OK, so I thought I was happy with my truck.

Actually, truth be told, I wish I would have put this motor/trans in a bucket of shit & just drove the shit out of it. I never really got to enjoy it, cause I am too worried about something happening to it (door dings, accident, rain, etc.). The painted undercarriage kinda ruined it. Not that my truck is the nicest or fastest around, but I do try to keep it in nice shape. It’s only got 45K on it in the 16 yrs that I’ve had it. In that time, I have owned 20 other cars/trucks that I have driven as beaters or dailey drivers. My truck was a DD for about 3 months after I got it.

i regret all of it.

i should have bought a CRX and saved ten grand.

I have my second thoughts about it all… I got an insane deal on the car, it’s sick as hell and I’m 100% happy with it. But I also think I could have been nearly as happy keeping the Z/28 and running ESP (which would have actually meant de-modding the car a bit so no $). ESP has a lot more close competition and is still a very fast class. There’s certainly no way I could go back now, but if I had never had the Z06 I think I could have been happy going that route and have more $ in my pocket.

All that being said I guess “regret” isn’t the right term. I don’t wish I hadn’t bought the Z06, I don’t feel like I wasted time/money I guess I just think I could be nearly as happy w/o the Z06. Of course that’s in terms of the racing paradigm.

As a street/pimp car the Z06 is just sooooo much nicer/better.

-TJ

im happy with my civic it is by far my favoriate car i have ever owned it is so much fun to drive and i love the sound of the motor

honestly i wish i would have more money to spend on it for aftermarket parts like stiffer springs and shocks along with bigger sway bars

real happy with my car… wish i never wrecked the formula years ago but i cant help that… kinda wish i didnt sell the SRT that was dumb. i would have had a low 12 sec SRT by now… and a decent DD… but now i have a low 12 sec camaro and a shitty DD… kinda wish i went smaller on the cam… but if i get idle and <3000rpm tune better ill be happy with the t-rex… oh yeah i need gears ASAP

I regret lowering springs… I should have just saved and got Ksports or Koni struts/mopar high rate springs ( they only lower an inch, just better spring rate)

and i regret not saving for a turbo and spray

I know what you mean, I got my 90 TSi painted, and it looked sick, then I realized I didn’t want it to get messed up, and ended up selling it. At the same time though, I remember getting it painted because I was sick of driving a car with an old-beat (original) paint job.

I think it’s important to have a few cars. Right now I’m getting sick of my 5 speed Cherokee daily, because I drive it too much. I need to rotate around a bit.

ya i know what you mean about the cam. i sometimes wish i went 224, but no bigger than that for my style (even though its relatively mild). but the whole ls6 set-up is very versitile and reliable and thats what i like. plus if i didnt have it, itd throw my whole theme off, lol. i think the ls6 setup is sweet for auto-x and hope fully roadracing soon, but like i said before, when i see all these guys on here with t-rexs, majik sticks, etc it kinda pisses me off that i’d get hammered on by 90% of the fbods on here in a straight line. guess you cant have everything though.

No regrets with the mustang. I just got it so i’m pretty eager to do stuff with it. Its fun being rwd and a v8 and all. I dont regret my old avenger either but it caused me alot headache and just as i payed it off it caught on fire. I learned alot of not to do things also!!

i have more fun in my GTP than i do the Mustang. therefore i regret putting so much money into it

hell ya just got new motor 4 it

always happy,buy always can go faster

of course i’m happy… its a fucking m3.

:whoopdydo:

-TJ

hahahah…storamin speaks the truth

I wish I would have put the pistons/rods in the 2nd motor in the accord before installing it. Oh well. I’m sure I’ll regret the same on the civic in about 6 months but money is always tight when a student. Glad the M3 is gone, it was too cherry to just sit in a garage and loose value. To much of a liability also.

hmm I had a cd changer installed in 99 and I don’t think I would do it again. Other then the mp3 player and the subwoofer I haven’t done anything else :wink:

Whoa, is that still reliable enough to be a daily driver with those mods?

barely :frowning: lol

:asshole

and you live in california. :rolleyes:

Not happy… the part I regret the most…

Buying a fucking Chrysler product.