are you OK... Georgia?

doah

touche

Atlanta’s dark for other reasons…j/k

haven’t hit the north side of Atlanta by me yet

I’m going to throw on my American hat and say “how does this effect me”?

Basically it doesn’t unless the us gov gets involved and they probably won’t. Please don’t hate me don :slight_smile:

Haha you beat me to it:D

Didnt Tom Clancy make a game about this?

I was Born in Tbilisi, Georgia. It just hurts to see that Russia invading a country who probably has less people living there compared to just a city of Moskow. I had a feeling that will happen…remember when Russia Shot Out a Drone Plane over Georgia and then denies it? that plane belonged to USA. Anything Military Georgia has, came from USA.

I remember that. the game started out in the mountains of North Georgia.

http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/product_gr.php

Eastern Europe, 2008
The world teeters on the brink of war. Radical ultranationalists have seized power in Moscow - their goal, the reestablishment of the old Soviet empire. Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan - one by onne the nearby independent republics slip back into the Russian orbit. Russian tanks sit in the Caucasus Mountains and the Baltic forests, poised to strike to the south and east.
The world hold ots breath, and waits.
For one small group of elite soldiers, the war has already begun: U.S. Special Forces Group 5, First Battalion, D Company. Deployed on peacekeping duty to the Republic of Georgia in the Caucasus, this handful of Green Berets represents the very tip of the spear- the first line of defense. Equipped with the latest battlefield technology, and trained in the latest techniques of covert warfare, they strike - swiftly, silently, and invisibly.
They call themselves “The Ghosts”

wierdd

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html

“All day today, they’ve been bombing Georgia from numerous warplanes and specifically targeting [the] civilian population, and we have scores of wounded and dead among [the] civilian population all around the country,” said Georgia’s president, Mikhail Saakashvili.

you know Bush is going to make a statement about this. Lets see what the statement does with our relations with Russia.

I am so ashamed to even speak Russian. :frowning:

Why? Since when has the russian public had any say in what their government does?

Reports say the South Ossetian capital, under Georgian control, has been destroyed.

I’m confused as to who started this…it seems Georgia invaded South Ossetia, and Russia is responding by invading Georgia? I don’t agree with the amount of force or the bombing of civillians, but Georgia did seem to start it.

it seems that way. maybe this is Russia’s way of showing the US they still have some tanks? We did shoot down a satelitte with a missle because we “had to”, not like we were showing off our ability to shoot down things from space

Haha true. Didnt the russians have a cannon equipped mini space station thingy up in space during the cold war? Pretty sure they did. Research time.

I hope my family is safe. they are all in Tbilisi

i was stuck in GA for like 2 hours in traffic this morning… GA and I arent tight anymore

Here is an update on my family.

3 of my relatives have been drafted into the Army. Pretty much anyone from 18-40 years old has to fight the Russians. My great Uncle had died 2 days ago. He was very old and the stress and worry gotten to him. :frowning:

This could turn into something very serious on a global scale if Russia does not pull back. I find their timing of the start of attacks to be very bold. They saw most leaders and the rest of the world are paying attention to the Olympics and will give them more time to try to do whatever they have planned without any serious moves by the powers to put a end to this. Hopefully Russia pulls back and starts discussions because this is ridiculous

Sorry to hear Fsane.

The hardliners running Russia had pretty much promised this. It will be interesting to see what NATO and the UN do about this.

Sorry to hear. Hope the best for your family.

I’m still wondering why Georgia chose to invade South Ossetia…but its looking like that was the excuse Russia wanted to attack Georgia.