Best street racing video ever. [Honda Content ITT]

Well… I did my research like you said and came up with this.

"Five of the vehicles were seized not because their owners were street racing, but because they contained stolen engines and transmissions, police said.

Daniel Maldonado snapped digital photos as he watched his black 1992 Honda Civic being crushed.

“It’s my life in there,” he said. “That’s all my money. That’s all I’ve worked for.”

His transmission didn’t have an identification number. Police said it had been stolen. But Maldonado said he didn’t know that and that older Japanese cars have ID stickers that can fall off.

Ontario police Cpl. Jeff Higbee said that’s not possible.

Older Japanese cars bought in Japan and brought to the United States may have that problem, but American manufacturers affix mylar stickers to Japanese car parts.

“If they’re not there, they’ve been removed by the owner,” he said."

I’ve read a mixture of both what I’ve said and what you’ve said, I just think legally it wouldnt be possible to crush someones car without it/the parts being stolen as in the article I quoted. What if your leasing a car? What happens then? Police cant crush a car that belongs to the bank.

You have to remember you’re dealing with liberals over there. It’s California. They (think they) can do whatever they want.

When new cars are crushed (or older cars that people still can’t afford), the owner still has to make payments on it. I don’t see anything clear cut, but I would bet that for a leased vehicle that was crushed, the owner would have to continue the lease payments and then buy the car at the end of the term.

Cars aren’t always crushed when they’re seized from street racing, but I bet once the authorities find aftermarket and/or stolen parts, the chances for that become greater.

What was the source for that article? I got my info from MSNBC.

lol, I just wish could find someone whos car got crushed that was on lease… or being financed lol… $299 a month nothing down and the first three days of owning the car it gets crushed.

While I was browsing, I came across a forum where a Mach 1 owner had his car destroyed and still had to make payments for 2 years after the fact. Sucks.

Knowing California, they probably destroyed the vehicles in the video because they didn’t have catalytic converters and were deemed a hazard to the environment.

wow

i thought they had to prove you guilty, not that you had to prove your innocence.

bullshit:rofl
you were paranoid when it was you me and johnE in my car when some runs were going down. you were sitting in the back seat like " oh shit i think i saw some square headlights, slow down a bit it could be a trooper." :lol

I just lol’ed hahah omg :rofl :rofl

hahah oh my god, that was so funny. i see square headlights aww im going to jail NOOO!!!

what a bitch

I got caught doin some street ricing in the alero

shit made me wicked paranoid :rofl

someone on here needs to buy a crown vic and soup that shit up, my friend used to have one with 5% tint all around and used to do 90mph right past cops on the highway on purpose and would NEVER get pulled over. Never got a speeding ticket, never got a tint ticket nothing.

I watch for the turnsignal inside the headlights. I race alot. So I get paranoid too. :lol

That’s the dumbest comparison I’ve ever seen.

Great video, though. That crane operator must’ve been having a blast. I hope they made the owners watch as it happened.

LOL @ 2:13 hahahahah

Ill take that Mishimoto radiator thank you very much! hahahahaha

Police can crush a car no matter who it belongs to. Even though the bank has a lien on the title, it still belongs to the person who bought it.

This is America. It’s guilty until proven innocent in a court of law. Or at least it seems it.

At least they saved the B-Series swaps.

[quote=Cossey;672672]Police can crush a car no matter who it belongs to. Even though the bank has a lien on the title, it still belongs to the person who bought it.

I understand im just curious as to what happens when they DO crush a car on lease or something. I’d like to know who pays for the damage, the dealer takes a hit, the leaser has to BUY the car because payments wont pay for the car or the leasers insurance company handles it. Im curious as to which one.

QFT