Briere should be suspended for 10 games at least!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3DXqPnqv4

ouch mi estomago!!

Added December 26, 2006
From ovechkinator
lol

looks like he poked him. Hardly compares in comparison to Nichols sucker punch.

Did anyone count the time it took him to fall to his knees? It was only after he reaized who poked him that he fell. Total dive. And a spear is way way way less dangerous of a penalty than boarding.

I saw him come back at Briere but I didnt see the spear. That is pretty weak by Danny.

Like I said in the sabres thread when I originally posted this video…

There was the initial wince from the jab, then the faked dive when he realized it was Briere.

i don’t think he dove when he realized it was briere, i think he spotted a ref and thought he might draw a penalty. but since he really was speared, i don’t see anything wrong with acting it out. even a small poke like that still hurts.

this is obviously much different than the sucker punch… but briere shouldn’t be the one (possibly) taking stupid penalties…

Briere is a disgrace to the “c” on his jersey. There needs to be consequences and repercussions to his gutless actions.

its dirty yes but so is a blatent check from behind that could have easliy ended brieres career.

Sorta like Ovechkin should have been suspended for hitting briere while his back was turned heading towards the bench? No matter what people say he got hit with some good force. They are barely even now.

you can all sit here and critize the players but im sure most of you never played hockey yet never played sports and dont understand the heat that can go on between players. dirty shit will happen. a check from behind esp when he is about 4 feet from the boards is the worst move you can make. when i was playing there was acutally teams that had a small stop sign on the back of the jersey. its by fair the worst hit and the deadliest. a spear to his cup isnt that bad seeing he has protection on

eh. i think it took a minute for him to realize how much it hurt. there’s the initial wince, then the staggering realization that your boys just got stabbed.

he has a cup on.

maybe it was a defective cup?

buddy, i played hockey for 15 years. i spear in the cup is a spear in the cup- its gonna hurt. checking from behind is a dirty play, however because of the fast pace of the game, it happens. i dont think a spear to the balls is an accident.

well i played for 16 years and i never said it was an accident. i said u have protection down there, atleast more then if you got hit from behind. i played goalie and trust me id rather take a stick to the balls then 90+mph slap shot or a check from behind. all im saying is a spear to the balls is no where near as bad as what ovechkin did

I say :tup: to Briere

a cup definitely does NOT stop all pressure and force being focused on that area… lol

Career ending injury vs. shot to the boys. I wonder which is worse? IMO he has a few more nut shots coming.