Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa

Discuss.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/coyotes-raffi-torres-suspended-indefinitely-172513963--nhl.html

Dirty hit.

Good hit…

…if the puck wasn’t 25 feet out of his reach

obviously dirty, he left his feet. This years playoff’s has been nothing but dirty playing it seems

i dont know what makes this different from grabbing someones head and slamming it into the wall.

not much except maybe there is a harder collision with the speed involved

it was a fantastic hit…had he not jumped. Other than the jump I see no issues whatsoever

Dude needs to be suspended for a while. He has a history of dirty hits, all aiming at the head.

Shanahan needs to teach this fool a lesson, so glad he barely lasted with the Sabres.

Would’ve been better off if he hit him with a telephone pole. Unusual for the skill level Torres usually plays with.

I would hope I am just not picking up on your layer of sarcasm. If you are serious, you may not be familiar with the rules?

Id hit it

Raffi Torres 5 games suspension, Marion Hossa out for playoffs, id take that trade anyday. Its a dirty hit and Torres has a history but thats why he is still playing. Teams know what he does and they pick him up for this exact reason.

Its sad but its what the game has come to and until real sanctions occur there is always going to be some nobody willing to sit a few games to take a superstar out of the lineup and give their team a chance in the playoffs.

He’s a physical forward, nothing wrong with that but it doesn’t mean you go out there and try to end another player. It’s not right, it’s BS. Where’s the sportsmanship.

But sadly physical sports have become more about killing one another then having fun.

If he only gets 5 games, there will be a shit storm. Hossa could sue the NHL.

How so?

being that i don’t follow hockey anymore, from the thread title i thought this was a dude hitting on a chick.

Shame on you :thumbsdown:

Dirty hit since he left his feet. Should carry a decent suspension but the consequences for some of these dirty plays thus far has been largely inconsistent. You can debate about this all day, but there have been some penalties that should have carried a longer suspension than was actually given, and there have been some penalties that have gotten off too easily.

Personally I think that Neal got away with murder. 1 suspension was BS.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

not only did he leave his feet but the hit was late, hossa got rid of the puck seconds before he was hit. Torres is a scrub who cant score anymore so he goes around and cheapshots people.

leaving his feet is due to him bracing for impact. Torres is a left handed shot so he would naturally hit with his right shoulder. In this case he hits with his left, which is why he is propelled up. Regardless it is a dirty hit. He hit him somewhat late, I think it was timed at just under 1second after the puck left Hossa’s stick, he made contact with the head, left his feet. Even if this was clean, given his track record, the fact that a stretcher was out on the ice, and the previous suspensions of Neal, Asham, Carkner, etc. Torres is going to probably get over 5 games. The hearing is friday which probably means they are waiting to see if Hossa plays tonight.

Also notice the refs never called a penalty on the play. Joel Quenneville had this to say:

Brutal hit. I saw the whole play. 100 miles an hour, no puck, hit the head. I can’t believe four guys missed it. Makes me sick.

<EDIT>
Hossa Out for Game 4…it gets worse for Torres

Dirty all the way.

Suspended “indefinately” - at least until there is a hearing. I would bet good money it will be longer than 5 games, this is why:

League needs to send a message that you can’t trade 3 or 5 games for injuring a top player and taking them out, possibly for the rest of the season. NHL is going to start heading the same way the NFL in terms of player protection for similar reasons. One, the players are the assets, and having them hurt and maimed isn’t good for the game, plus, there are going to start to be law suits.

I think intent aside you look at the fact that

1. he has a history
  2. he left his feet
  3. he hit the head
  4. hosa is out for the rest of the playoffs
    and there can only be one conclusion, that its going to be a big suspension. you can’t have that many individual pieces on top of each other and not use it to send a message. if they don’t, its going to unravel.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

I’d agree with this as well, thought for sure he’d get more than 1 game.