Steve Downie's hit

What do you guys think? Cheap shot?

i don’t know much about hockey, but it looks like he got caught with his head down. i think it’s a clean hit.

no man that is definitely a cheap shot. he got knocked out cold.

This shit happened last season too, same outcome with a little brawl happening. i don’t think there were any suspensions though. He had his head down so i mean you could say it was clean but it was a little late and i definitely think it was dirty.

man that’s no where near a clean hit… that was pure cheap shot

right in hockey a player can not leave his feet to hit another player.

actually this happend 2 days ago. hit was cheap, dirty and above all premeditated. guy thinks he is jordan tootoo, just trying to make a name for himself. they call it old time hockey, if it was old time hockey both benches would be cleared and Downey would be running for his life. old time hockey is dead.

peace

1. Refs should not be interefering in the fight, its a hazard to there health. They got way to aggresive trying to stop that fight.

2. The hit itself is a penalty…

• Charging
  • Roughing
  • Hit to the Head
  • Elbowing

This guy should get booked hardcore. The hit to the head is usually 3 games minimum in rep hockey. This guy should get in the area of 5 games.

cheapshot for sure

It was a cheap hit, but Mcammond did have his head down, poor guy must be a vegatable after all the concusions.

Fuck that, I like the hit and crap like this is going to take hitting out of the game, this is the way I see it.

If Mcammond kept his head up he would have walked away shaken up from a hard hit behind the net, penalty? yes charging but because he decided to admire his pass in front of the net he wasn’t looking and got decked resulting in injury. So whos fault is that? I say Mcammond for not paying attention.

How many times when watching hockey do you see a player ease up on someone, or skate away from a great hit opportunity? what happens next? you stand up and scream at the TV, what a pussy, finish the hit. etc etc.

In this case Downie finished the hit and finished it with authority, yes he jumped but so does every other player when they hit, take Tucker for example watch him play every hit he delivers should be a charging call.

I say Good job Downie, great hit, its hits like this that make the sport what it is, you start punishing every guy that delivers a big hit and this sport will become figure skating with sticks.

penalty yes, match penalty yes cause of injury on the play, further suspension… Fuck NO.

what do we learn from this? Mcammond keep your head up sir

i dont know shit all about hockey but that kit that got nailed got what he deserved.

anyone getting paid what those guys get paid to play a sport deserves to get a knuckler at least once per season.

in my opinion. <-- (i have to put this or else son goes crazy whenever I say something)

what kills me is after he’s been knock out cold. everyone fights on top of him LOL

I stopped reading responses after the first few there.

HAVE ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY EVER PLAYED HOCKEY??

Clean Hit.
He left his feet, but not before impact = Not Charging.
His elbow wnet up in the follow-through = Not elbowing.
Hit him within 2 stides after he got rid of the puck = Not charging, not a late hit.
Roughing? For a hit, you’ve gotta be kidding right. Shoulder to face = not roughing.
As a Forward coming around the net, you need to learn not to admire your pass, but keep your head up since there is always going to be a defenceman sitting there waiting to take your head off.

haha I noticed that too. And some guys skate was like inches away from his face too.

I don’t play hockey but I think that downie’s hit was definitely cheap. He jumped up and pretty much elbowed him in the face.

I agree that you shouldn’t have your head down though. But the pass was already made, there was no more reason to make a hit.

I think this hit is clean though: http://youtube.com/watch?v=A2RMT5LrqaY

how the hell is that an effing cheapshot? mcammond had his head down. the guy was like a bullet going down the ice.

both his feet were off the ground at the time of the hit. he fuckin speared him. definately a cheap shot!

you guys …
oh man,
Downie jumped into his face,
he could have hipped checked him…but he jumped into the guys head.

Mark, the only difference between the two hits is that in the first, both players were going faster.

If anything, there should have been a brawl after the Koivu hit since he is a high profile player.

You are all pussies…Iv’e been hit and delivered harder hits than that when I used to play.

Cal, the only time I get hit on is if your sister wants some cock.