Cool thing I found out about Sunoco and Shell Gas

This might sound really weird but here goes.

Just this past weekend I was heading up to Markham and decided to use the cruise control feature. I was at around 1/4 tank of gas with the AC on and 3 adults, 1 child in the car.

Gas was filled with Shell 91 gas. As I set the cruise control and decided to increase my speed via cruise control, the rate of increase in speed in 5th gear was VERY fast, and I mean really fast. I found that kinda cool.

Now, as I was leaving Markham I gassed up at Sunoco on Steels and Warden with 91 gas all the way full.

To see if Sunoco gas would give me the same results with Shell gas via Cruise control, I tried the same thing. The car would HARDLY move. Now I know there is an extra 40L or so, so I said it’s probably the extra weight.

Now last night, the gas light came on so I said why not let’s give it a try now. To my surprise, the car was still very slow in increasing the speed. I tried the same thing today before I gassed up at Shell and no dice.

I gassed up at Shell 91 full tank and tried the same thing, and my wife and I could tell a significant difference in increase in speed via Cruise Control. I’m sure I would see even better results with 1/4 tank because of the extra weight.

So, does this prove Shell is better than Sunoco? Probably not. But I found this kind of interesting.

Next time try it for yourself, it’s kind of mind boggling as setting the cruise control and increasing the speed should be consistent. The only changed variable is the gas.

Something to think about. I will continue filling up at Shell gas stations

PS: I’m stage 1 and everything else stock for my 05’ LGT

What I just found out today while gassing up is that 91 V-power contains no ethanol as stated on the gas terminals. Here are the breakdowns for SHELL GAS:

87 gas contains up to 10% ethanol

89 gas contains up to 5% ethanol

91 v-power contains no ethanol

That is probably the reason why I felt such a difference.

lol

Shell or GTFO.

I guess it’s time to shell out money for the right kind of gas eh?

On the other hand, I’ve tried Sunoco 94 and Shell 91 and car felt really bad with Shell 91.

Proven, and beaten to death. Sunoco gas is SHIT now. Way to much additives.

Shell FTMFW.

Also, cruise always unlocks extra power via ecm. Do not ask me why. It has been proven with diesels. More then likely the same shit with gas.

V-power is da shiznit.

Then again. If your after the Honda effect. Use 94. Black and blue smoke with LOTS of back firing.

My RB hates 94. Literally spits it out the pipe. I mean, like fuel coming out lol. Disgusting.

94 how ever is amazing on high comp motors. For obvious reasons. Then again, carb motors will chew up ANY gas you feed em. Ethanol, methanol or not. Bring it.

So should I tune for 240 for 91?

^^ If you are tuned for 94 and run 91 gas, of course your car will run like shit! Come on Markie!

Sunoco has ethanol and Shell has none. Big difference right there.

As for the cruise control unlocking more power, it wouldn’t really matter as I tried both cruise control features on both tanks of gas and got TOTALLY different results.

But cool fact 87s15lt1.

Nah this was on a Stock ECU when I did it. Never put in 91 when I was tuned for 94 of course! Come on!

Anyways, I’ve been doing some Googling and it does seem like Shell V-power has no complains at all.
I’m sure if it was “94”, everyone would be using it. I guess people just think that higher octane is better in general. But if you aren’t tuned for 94, there’s no point in putting in 94.

Seems like a lot bikers have issues when they use Sunoco 94.

Apparently Shell 91 will give you better mileage too due to it having no ethanol which burns faster.

100% True!

It’s just basic chemistry.

I got 50kms more than Sunoco on Shell 91 and that was also putting in maybe 100kms of almost WOT driving on the touge.

Yep, I use shell 91 almost exclusively just for the gas mileage. I was getting 50-100km more per tank in the GTR with shell over anything else… that really adds up in a car that doesn’t get great gas mileage to begin with.

looks like the shell tv commercials have been working

at the end of the day 94 > 91

I’ll try shell next time I fill up.
Shell also takes AIRMILES so that and the LCBO add up

I don’t watch T.V. So no.

It is true facts.

How in the hell does 94 own anything? Do you have any data to back this up at all?

Maybe if it was a straight 94 and not a cheater 94.

R33 is just in denial.

Sunoco 94 is all hyped up.

NO Ethanol gas vs 10% Ethanol.

Facts right there.

better fuel economy yes - i use shell 91 for daily driving
… but when i hit the dragstrip or go cruising i make sure i have Sunoco 94

Wouldn’t the ethanol increase the knock resistance?

A lot of the KA-T guys use and love E85…its the closest thing to race gas at the pump, and its cheap too. lol

i only gas at shell cuz of airmiles and now i wanan go turbo i been using vpower.

speaking of their commercials i just saw one other day… their gas CLEANS UR ENGINE MUAHAHAHHAHAH

91 is better! I stopped using 94’ tested in alot of honda’s I know use to used 94 now they use 91 cause car feels better! even a old Japanese guy told me that 94 is shit and to stick with 91 cause of how the ethanol effect the ECU tune.

New cars…NEED ethanol and methanol plus all the other bull shit for emissions and mileage and crap.

These additives are NOT beneficial to older vehicles at all. Not designed to burn it. Fuel and ignition maps can not handle it.

Go put C12 in anything. The fuel is too heavy and burns toooooo quick. You LOSE power.