dilemna........

okay people.

THE ONLY REASON I AM TRYING TO BE ESTABLISH THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE ON VACATION. there is no underlying factors coming into play.

I just want to know if telling them while they are on vacation is better or worse than waiting. and so far its pointing to waiting.

I just told you. Wait. Then explain that you didnt want to ruin their vacation. I missed something, did you have permission to take the car?

dude, i mis-shifted twice all day with no problems. after my final mis-shift i drove almost 2 full laps and THEN i shifted 3rd to 2nd(not mis-shifted) when the metal-to-metal sound occured. now why would that be?

yes. and that wasnt in reference to you, it was directed at MPD and coldaccord

Solid, if you had permission you have nothing to worry about. Shit happens and thats the truth.

Miss shift twice, damage parts, keep driving, damaged parts fatigue, eventually fall apart, dropping the damaged valves. I bet leakdown will show that you have engine problems due to Type II over-revs.

This will make fantastic holiday dinner table conversation.

Do you practice being a dick? HAHAHAHAHAHA I love you Mike =]

lol.

I still vote tell em when they get home.

You should also have a much better idea of the damage bill by then.

Oh, shit, didn’t know he did that.

I did not miss shift ALL DAY!

i did slip off the brake a bit though from heel-toeing.

Money shift, that’s an awesome term.

X…

I would start working on a plan to replace the motor

I misshifted once yesterday, but it was a 1,2,5 shift instead.

I would wait for him to get home so that you don’t ruin his vacation. Is it still under warranty?
It’s only an s2000; it’s not like you broke an expensive car like some kind of exotic.

wow seriously? obviously hitting 10k+ twice wasnt in the best interest of the motor

:wtf:

A replacement motor is probably close to half, if not more than what the car is worth in the condition it was in before the motor was blown.

the proper term is the “skunk shift”

QFT

Its in the NYSpeedtionary next to Dos’d

He told you to take the car out, not take it to the track and blow the motor, maybe a cruise around the neighborhood?

i would have the car ready to have a new motor put in, pay for everything yourself, before they come home, say your sorry and all that shit and tell them when they come home, but not to worry because everything is getting fixed out of your wallet, dont make your parents pay because you fucked up. youll show them that you made a mistake, but that you are responsible enough to fix the problem.

Avg price I see for a F20 is about $7500. Plus anything else it may need. I also doubt finding one somewhat relatively soon will be that easy.

I also think his dad allowed him to take it to the track. He doesn’t seem like a stupid guy.