dilemna........

im just saying that he should pay for whatever cost it is, its not his parents fault at all, if its covered under warranty to be fixed then thats even better

He told me at the track that it’s not under warranty :(, or well at least he’s not sure but it’s likely not under warranty anymore.

He seems like a responsible guy I’m sure he’s going to get it handled himself.

again best of luck!

no warranty.(at least not that i know of, unless my dad bought an aftermarket extended warranty. but i cant just call him up and be like hey dad! you got a warranty on the St00k?)

-----i called my brother and he said both options were good, but saving it until after vacation will probably save them some heartache/aggrivation at a time when they shouldnt have to deal with shit like that.

i am paying every nickel and dime to rectify the damage that i did to his motor. there is no question about that. i just may have to sell a few things to get the rest of the cash.

new motors for these are around $8K from a dealer. so ill go from there…

anyone want to buy a mazdaspeed3?

yeah seems like your doing the right thing so everything should work out, i know if my son messed up my car, i would be pretty pissed, but i would be proud that he had the responsibility to get everything fixed

DON’T SELL THE TOYOTA.

lol yea. notice how i asked about the mazda and not the toyota.

if i sell the mazda im going to buy two f20s. one for my dad and one for me 'yota:tinfoilhat:

…at which point i would be buying a honda ruckus as my DD

Damn dude that sucks. I know the Speed is a nice car but if thats what you have to do, thats what you got to do. I know you’ll make this right. Sell Speed, buy S2K motor, buy a nice DD, get the old motor and build it for the Yota.

just get a used motor. It would be stupid to spend 8K on a new one.
The car is no longer under warrantee so it makes no difference.

time for a ls1 or 2jz

hmmmmmmmm.

paul just brought up a good idea. however, i FUCKING LOVE this car even in stock trim. ask anyone that drove with me all day thats the first thing i said. that car rules. no two ways about it.

smaller, wider, lighter wheels, slicks and brakes(and im not hating on the brakes. but even good things can be approved upon) would make it a monster on the track

I think you’re getting away from the point that it’s not your car and you need to fix the car back to the way it was before you broke it. just my .02

So, did you money shift the car twice during the day or mis-shift (as in miss a gear)? If you money shift these cars, they break. My knowledge is mostly from AP1s, since that’s what I owned, but the redline was 9,000 and valves floated enough for piston-valve contact at 10,500. It’s damn near certain that any money shift in an AP1 will ruin the head.

It’s also possible that you ate enough oil during the day that it ran low, but if you shifted 5-2 or top of 3-2 or something like that, it’d spell the end of an F20c. Probably the same story for the F22c, since even though the redline is lower, the piston speed is actually higher, so I assume the valve-piston tolerances are similar, though 8,000 to 10,500 is a bit more of a window…

I think you’re highly under-estimating what a new S2000 motor costs. This is not a cheap repair, if you want it to be done right. Not to mention, if you’re an honest seller, and you try selling this down the road, it’s like openly admitting the car has been abused. F20’s need to be driven pretty damn hard to let go at 29K miles. This certainly annhialates the resale value.

All that aside, Chris is a good guy. His dad would let him borrow this thing all the time, it’s not like this was the first time he’s driven the car. There’s clearly no trust issue there. However, me personally, I certainly would not be hammer-fucking someone else’s car around a track. That’s just me though. This is just a tough situation. No one wants to break news like this to their father.

If my Neon wasn’t ready for the trackday, I was going to ask my dad if I could borrow the FC3S.

man something always happens up there. last time it was me with my flat tire and no spare and now a motor blew that sucks

So if i understand this right you have 2 cars but you take your dads car to the track to beat the shit out of it and blow it up instead?

so your dad knew you raced it but thinks it hasnt been started in a few weeks, sorry but you my friend are a liar and this is the funniest fucking thread i have ever read:gay:

shit i would take th s2k to the track over the mazdaspeed3 if i had the choice anyday

[quote=“Slopoke,post:116,topic:49000"”]

So if i understand this right you have 2 cars but you take your dads car to the track to beat the shit out of it and blow it up instead?

r u on that atlanta crack or something?

my parents knew i was coming to buff. this weekend to race and use my dads car to do it. i think he thought i was racing yesterday(its now monday)and not saturday and thats why he said that. im not ur friend and im not a liar. so please do not assume, believe, think, or question otherwise. thanks:deadhorse2:

Shitty situation dude
If you haven’t already I would just wait to tell them when they get back.

Are you still going to be in town to tell them in person? I would rather someone broke this type of news that way instead of over the phone.

Don’t do a Skunk part 2 and go out and overspend on replacing the motor. Talk to your dad first and see what exactly he wants done.

This is the reason I didn’t take the 3 out, a) im not all that experienced at driving it (for a track at least), and so b) id be afraid I would screw up a shift and break something.

just dont do what I did… I smashed up my truck while my rents where on vacation… but when the tow tuck driver droped the truck at the house he left it in the middle of the driveway it was the first thing my parents saw when they got home (I hit a telaphone pole at about 45) and it looked like some one had died… there was coffee all over the inside that had frozen and looked like blood…
and I wasnt home when my parents came home… and they where on a cruise and didnt have there phones… ya that was BAD…

I would wait till they get home… I would just BE there when he goes looking for his car.