Ebay buyer problem...what do I do??

I hope that doesnt happen because it all went into my girlfriends paypal since I dont have a paypal account.

I didn’t read all the posts but…

If you stated as-is in the listing (can’t view at work), your hands are clean. Whether or not you work with him because of how you feel, is up to you. As far as your obligation as a seller, you’re in the clear.

personally, I’d feel a little bad about the deal, but I wouldn’t return shit since I did say “as is”.

Me to. But as-is, is as-is. He should be glad to be dealing with someone who understands and is willing to work with him (referring to the guy who bought the motor).

thats my problem, I feel like shit and I dont want to “rip him off” but then again I cant give him the money back because my car is at the shop as we speak getting the cam and dyno tune and thats half the money.

i’m not gonna read the ebay listing cause it’s too much trouble, but did you stated clearly that the motor locked up when riding and put all the info exactly as you did here? if so then i say fuck him. who buys a locked up motor knowing it’s locked up without clear pictures of the internals? DUMB.

No, I didnt because like I said in here, the motor locked up and shut off but it kicked over and had compression so I thought it was a transmission problem.

heres my add info…

This is a complete 02 YZ426 motor. Motor has a like new top end and clutch setup in it. It currently has the DRD wet sump kit installed but I will include oil lines and the oil pump parts with directions to install the oil tank. This motor was in my quad and ran great shortly after my quad was completed, 1st or 2nd gear went. I havent got around to fixing the motor so im selling it as is. Would be a great running motor for a cheap easy fix or can be used as parts. I kept it around for a parts motor but dont really need it anymore.

For the buy it now price, I will include the CDI box, a aftermarket shift lever, kick starter and a brand new Hinson clutch basket ($300 value alone)

everything in the picture is included as far as header pipe goes, sprocket and electrical wiring. This Motor is sold as is…thanks for looking.

also, shipping is included in the Buy it Now price. If it sells through the auction, their will be a $50 shipping Fee.

Can he prove without a shadow of a doubt that you blew the motor; Did he fuck it up and want to throw the blame onto you?

no he cant prove that I blew up the motor.

I dunno man, I would be pissed too. It doesn’t say that the motor locked up, and it clearly did. I would’ve wanted to know that, especially if it was mis diagnosed as a tranny problem. If you had stated exactly what you stated here there would be no problem. By saying 1st or 2nd gear went implies a more thorough diagnosis. I think he has a case for getting his money back. I don’t see how it could’ve had compression if the rod was busted though? Not saying you lied, I’m just saying there is more to the story on either your side or his. Shitty situation.

exactly it doesnt make since because right after it locked up, the tranny popped and their wasnt a 1st or 2nd gear…I kicked it over a few times and it kicked over and had compression…then that was that. I took the motor out of the quad and put it on the bench.

how long was in possession of said item before he contacted you?

i would say seeing as you posted it being as is more than once, and are willing to work with the guy i would say if he gives you any shit tellem where the bear shits… it says right in the ad its a broken motor… so what the fuck…lol

there is a HUGE difference between 1st and 2nd gear going out and the damage that the buyer has described he received. Thats where the problem lies. I’m real curious to see how long this kid has had possession of the motor.

Have the guy take pictures of all the “damaged” parts/areas. He probably never even blew it up and the damn thing is still in the box in his garage :lol

I wouldn’t cut him a deal, either return it all or nothing. Fuck 'em. You can always resell it. Make him pay return shipping. This should be an easy ebay/paypal claim for you.

5 days.

yah…the thing is he contacted me first yelling at me about it accusing me of intentionally blowing the motor up from " over revving it"…thats funny because when it happened I was in mid 2nd gear…I wasnt even in the power band yet so from him saying it happened because I over revved it, is just dumb

If he contacted me first saying something like “hey man, this motor has alot more damage then you listed is there anything we can do about it?” then I would do everything I could but since he emailed me accusing me of ripping him off and intentionally breaking the motors puts me right on the edge to say fuck you its done.

He cant get any money from paypal if you actually sent him the item. The fight will go on from either side and then paypal will close it

x2 just tell him. “Man this is the internet, & you know the rules. Pics or it didn’t happen!”

Man, even though you said ‘as is’, you kinda led him on about it being a ‘cheap easy fix’. Plus you said the clutch part was new and it apparently isint. Also your add states that the top end is ‘like new’, and according to him it’s smashed up.