Dispute with online seller/shipper errbody involved!

Long story short.
I buy a tranny off of eBay for $1,500 from
California.
The seller says he will ship it freight as it is a tranny after all.
It gets to ups hub today, lady calls and says I can pick it up…the shipping costs will run me $786! How on gods green earth does freight shipping on an 80lbs tranny costs me half of the purchase price?!
I am currently waiting for a call back from the seller to see what kind of golden delivery service he chose to use.

Why I’m so confused at this price is, 1 month ago I received a motor from Texas for $200 worth of shipping costs. What gives?
Anything I can do so that I don’t have to suck this $786 penis?

I have a new shortblock coming from Utah for $110 shipping. I got a trans from TX for $170 shipping. This seems insane.

Tell me about it. Shipping for new wheel lips from Australia was only $400. I’m Completly lost, and sick that I may have to pay this bill.

Something sounds insane, unless he did like priority overnight or something.

I got my LS1 engine shipped from FL to UT for $286 on UPS freight. Hell, I think a T-56 in a rubbermaid through normal UPS is only like $100ish. (This is how TDP has you ship transmissions to them/them ship them back)

Is that just shipping costs or C.O.D? Seems like it’s not only shipping costs associated with the $786. Worst case if he doesn’t play ball… deny delivery/pick-up contact credit card and eBay :gotme:

Its eBay (and inevitably Paypal) both mediums are completely biased toward buyers, if the shipping method/rate wasn’t previously stated in the add, refuse the shipment and tell the seller to get bent (or handle it)

On the flip side do NOT file poor eBay feedback until the seller has had a chance to respond to the matter, for smallish eBay sellers poor feedback can be detrimental.

this this this

shipping a 175lb transmission to nj i was quoted $500 by UPS freight.

i went to the UPS store and it was only $275.

No overnight priority or 2 day. Simple freight.
No c.o.d. I was told I only had to pay shipping costs.
Yes it was PayPal Ian so I am not to worried about getting my money back. But I NEED this tranny ha.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Jesus…$500 from jersey? $800 from
Cali seems about right now. Either way, this is insanity.

see if this dude still has his for sale as a back up lol

http://www.racingjunk.com/Manual-Transmissions/181795756/T56-6Speed-clutch-15K-miles.html

Ha no way. I’m done playing these games. I want this tranny! It’s brand new.

i got a trans shipped from CT for the e46 and it cost $160

Needs more double-head-punch.

I THOUGHT SHIPPING COSTS WERE DETERMINED BEFORE ACTUAL SHIPPING

That’s insane … did that get shipped via stage coach … I hope when I come to get my exhaust done it doesn’t cost me $786 …lol

Usually is, if they have an account with ups or call me back with the shipping quote.
I told him to ship it ups freight. And it was shipped fed ex freight. As I’m told by the lady at fed ex, they have very different shipping costs. No shit

It’s going to cost you $900. For pain and suffering.

I shipped an entire t56, pp clutch mc bellhousing and shifter ups ground for 120 $…

That’s what I was expecting.
Fed ex says no no.

Yeah, mine came from TDP in a rubbermaid for like $110 or whatever…this is why I always determine shipping costs beforehand.

Hope you get it resolved Jay.

Interesting my exhaust quote is in line with this…hahaha

That blows man, hope you get your goods and at the right price.