Who has shipped a transmission?

I put my transmission up on Ebay and it finally sold. In the description, I listed that the buyer is responable for ALL shipping charges and arrangeing shipping in general. Well, the buyer asked me to help with shipping so now I need to figure out how to do it. HOW DO I SHIP A TRANS?

Do i drain the fluid?
Who will ship it? I was thinking FEDex?
How much does an H-series Trans weigh?
How do I give the guy a quote on shipping?

Any help would be GREAT!!

edit: thanks slowcivic

“Who’s” as in “who has.” it’s called a contraction. way to think things through before selling an item. seriously though, i have no help for you, i was just busting your balls. good luck with that. out of curiosity, which trans was it?

edit: are you parting your car out?

You could try doing this

http://www.pszweb.com/cpt/crate.htm

Buy a bin from walmart that the trans fits in.

Line the bottom with some cardboard.

Put trans in.

Stuff cardboard around it and on top of it.

Put lid on.

Cut slits in lid and ziptie lid to the bin.

Arrange for it to be picked up at your doorstep via DHL.

Charge 50% more for shipping than you paid. Profit.

Put cinder blocks in rubbermaid bin, ship away. EA scammerz style.

drain it
put it in a rubbermaid bin
make a wooden crate for it for inside the bin
metal band it trogether
put insurance on it for its worth. done deal

mine was fine

I sold my jetta tranny on ebay…

I drained the fluid, grab a 2x4, built a frame around the tranny, then used particle board to cover the frame, layed some cardboard bubble wrap in the box, dropped the tranny in, drilled 4 holes tied a peace of rope on ether side in the 2 holes for handles, dropped it off at a UPS store.

Got my postive feedback…

and you can do a quot off ups web page, but don’t forget to add in materials, and a bit extra as it always seems to be a few bucks more :confused:

I’ve shipped my trans. I drained all the fluid and sealed the openings. I put it on a pallet, and banded it so it was solid to the pallet. You need to find out how much it weighs total. I took my trans to FedEx out at, 1930 Military Rd. Buffalo. Told her the estimated weight (overestimate a bit) She had me take it around the side, and a guy on a fork truck took it off and I put the stickers the girl printed up for me on the trans and pallet.

Hope that clears it up. FedEx will take care of you, tell em its your first time shipping a something like this…they’ll walk you through.

[quote=“LowlyOilBurner,post:5,topic:37513"”]

[/quote]

fucking lol

[quote=“LowlyOilBurner,post:5,topic:37513"”]

[/quote]

ELLL OO L

whats size is it?

I ship T56s Fbody 45gal rubbermain vettes in a 55gal. thats about the bigest Id do. there a good shape tho, Somthing like a FWD GM auto is alward shaped tho.

[quote=“Studderin,post:11,topic:37513"”]

alward shaped tho.

[/quote]

:wtf:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:12,topic:37513"”]

:wtf:

[/quote]

didnt you download the studderin translator?

I hope the guy has a forklift to unload it.:biglaugh:

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:14,topic:37513"”]

I hope the guy has a forklift to unload it.:biglaugh:

[/quote]

I sold my auto out of my firehawk before. I drained it…cleaned it up, got a pallet and shipped it via ABF. They are located next to the south grand island bridge. Cost was like $100 if I recall correctly. You will definately not be able to use fedex or ups.

[quote=“Marcus,post:16,topic:37513"”]

I sold my auto out of my firehawk before. I drained it…cleaned it up, got a pallet and shipped it via ABF. They are located next to the south grand island bridge. Cost was like $100 if I recall correctly. You will definately not be able to use fedex or ups.

[/quote]

i used ups…? you mean because its on a pallet?

I shipped a 951 transaxle down to FL and back (best part was FedEx upgraded it to Overnight for free cuz their driver was a real dick to me).

We metal-strapped it to an old pallet, built a wooden box around that. ~148LB

When I got my tranny shipped to me it was shipped in a big rubbermaid bin type thing. The bin had holes all the way around the top so the lid could be ziptied to it. There were probably 25-30 zipties around the entire thing. The Tranny was drained & inside a large construction style garbage bag. The bottom of the bin was lined w/ foam padding. And it was shipped via fedex.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:17,topic:37513"”]

i used ups…? you mean because its on a pallet?

[/quote]

Hmmm, I recall calling those fuckers and they said no…maybe because it was on a pallet. Cant exactly put a 1xx lbs tranny in a card board box ya know.