anyone ever ship a engine and tranny?

well someone in cali might want my engine and transmission but i have no idea how much it would cost to ship it there. can anyone give me an estimate? and how the hell would i package everything.

theirs people who ship them for you i think, no idea on price but they pack them in wooden crates and shit

Ive been wondering this too, I sold a tranny to some dude in Canada; he drove 4 hours cause I didnt want to ship it

well if i put everything on a pallet and strap it down couldnt fed-ex just come get it?

if you put it on a pallet and strap everything down i would imagine it would be fine, you may wanna cover it with shrink wrap or sometething so it doesnt get fucked with and if it does it would obviously be noticable

for a one time ship, use freightquote.

They will compare many trucking companies, and give you a price.

If you have them pick it up at a private residence, its usually a 75 dollar fee extra.

Its much cheaper if you ship terminal to terminal.

We ship using conway for my auto parts business, but the company that ships them has a deep discount with conway, so I have no idea what a quote would be for a one piece “retail” shipper.

if they were to pick it up would i have to have it packaged and ready to go?

you need to palletize/crate everything. no way in hell would fedex take it. get a price and PM me with details…chances are, i will beat any price you get by roughly 50% give or take. and its alot cheaper to have it picked up at a business and delivered to a business as well. in which case, if you can get it to my work, that will save you $$. pm me if interested.