Shipping a transmission from Germany?

I’m looking at a Transmission on Ebay.de, and the seller is willing to ship it to the US- my question is how do I get it here, without paying broker fees, duty, excessive shipping, etc? my guess is that it will weigh about 200lbs once crated.

thanks!

buy a boat, learn to row.

its gonna cost you a friggen arm and a leg. there is no way around it, TRUST ME.
a set of bumpers from europe costs almost $300 to ship here. and those hardly weigh 50lbs.

go to germany
stretch asshole out
insert transmission
???
profit
get gay boyfriend

if youre willing ot get a tranny from germany it better be a baller dogleg or something

o man i just got a shipment from frankfurt germany it took about 6 weeks

I think that is ok with this guy. This is probably going to be a fairly long term project between the complexity of it and his other work to do in the mean time.

wrd i wouldnt bother unless it was extremely rare.

you are going to get raped shipping something that big and heavy. Hell just see how much it costs to ship it by plane from here to CA. That must be one VERY rare tranny.

like i said before, if you were sending one there, i could probobly assist,but since its coming from there…and the weight is over fedex/ups/dhl limits…it would need to be air freighted…and that, is a small fortune. wish i could help.

oh you can still send it fedex, but you are talking over $1000

how can you still send it fedex? for ground their weight limit is 150 lbs…for air, its 175 lbs i believe. hes talking about a 200+ lb crated package. They wont touch it.
Besides that, the sheer size of the package could easily exceed the maximum package girth allowed.

fedex air freight.

$200lbs 24inx24inx36in going from 14225 to Berlin Germany

FedEx International Priority Freight $2362.50
FedEx International Economy Freight $1503.00

That gives you a rough idea of how much it would cost. So like i said, you are going to get raped on the cost, so it better be something very rare you cant get in the US

It is something I absolutely can’t get here. And I bought it, so I need to get it here…

hell for the 2000+ that fedex wants, I’ll fly there, get it and take it as carry on…

there are ways, I just have to find a reasonable way. I know a couple people in Germany, I’ll ask them.

I’m willing to pay up to 500$ to ship it, I just need to find a carrier that is reliable, and won’t charge me a fortune in brokerage fees.

What tranny are you getting?

My getrag 260 only weighed 85 lbs

I’m working on a conversion - and putting a TDi engine into a Vanagon.

I found a specially built unit on eBay.de that is a rebuilt 5 speed (not available in the US) along with an extra tall aftermarket R&P that alone costs 700$… it’s excatly what I need, and would cost approx 2500 if I were to have this done in the US.

I won the auction for 1065 euros, now I’m looking into shipping. there are ways, I just need ot explore and research the best method.

oh, and the trans weighs about 110lbs, but crate it, and it weighs closer to 150-160. I guessed 200 crated, and I may want ot throw in some other things the seller has for sale that we don’t get here in the US.