What's up with all the lousy sellers on ebay?

I’ve been thinking about this recently and it really pissed me off, the entire situation, and thought i’d share. No need to vent as this is now a couple weeks behind me, THANK GOD.

Recently on ebay i bought a blow off valve. It was an auction type listing starting at 99cents for a brand new in box synapse synchronic blow off valve. I bid on the valve and won it at a bid of ~160-. Stock photo in the ebay ad btw, not an actual photo but it’s new in box so what does it matter. The package comes about a week and a half later in a priority flat rate box (so you figure it didn’t get mailed for about a week) which was fine anyways. Now this is what initially pissed me off, i can hear the thing rattling around inside the box so i open it up and there it is sitting inside a medium flat rate box, absolutely NO PACKAGING. On top of that the BOV is in the origional box but with no packing (just loosely in the box), does not include the origional accessories and has a broken vacuum nipple. I’ll remind you this is something that was listed as brand new in box.

I immediate send a message to the seller and while i’m waiting for a response i go around to every single store i can and try to find this little vacuum nipple, which no one has. I need to use this BOV in 3 days time so i order up the nipples from synapse engineering online which cost 30 bucks shipped for a package of 5 (Are you f-ing kidding me?, it’s like a 1/16" npt vacuum nipple, whatever i need it so i order it). When ordering it online the company has a 3 day option but they want 70ish bucks to 3 day it, and i’m already paying 13 for ground. So i politely put a note in the checkout box that says please send this usps priority flat rate (which cost 5 or 6 bucks). I’ll remind you these nipple are no larger or heavier than a half dollar coin. I follow up with an email and a phone call left on their message first thing in the morning (since we have 3 hours on them). I get an email later the next day (same day i called in the morning and left a message) saying my package has shipped ups ground…WTF. I figure the LEAST they could have done was call me and say “hey we can’t do usps” or give me some sort of idea seeing as i needed it in 3 days time and i had let them know. So anyways 10 phone calls and 3 days later they say they are overnighting me some form a distributer in NY. The next day comes and i still dont have them, i miss the car meet i was planning to attend in Lake George. Monday comes and i get the nipples and by wednesday i have a note of my door that says missed delivery. I go online to fedex and click that i’ll pick it up at the fedex warehouse since it’s down the road from my work and the next day i go down there. They had sent them out on the truck even though they had a note to keep them there…The following day i go to fedex and it’s the other nipples that got overnighted. They had the wrong adress on the f-ing package…seriously?! I was suppose to get those on friday and instead i got them on the following friday because they had my address wrong. Overnight delivery at it’s finest. The really fucked up part is i got another package on friday from fedex so you think they driver would have seen my name and put 2 and 2 together, the only thing missing on my address was the apartment #.

SO anyways, back to the ebay seller (backtrack to the day following my message to the ebay seller). I finally get a response saying sending it back on your dime and we’ll give you a refund when we receive it. I explain to them that this was a used item and that i already ordered the nipple it needed because i had a tight timeline and i thought a partial refund would be justified since i thought i was bidding on a new item not a used one. They come back and say it’s not their fault there was a problem with their computer inventory and it was a display item not a used item blah blah blah. Well i didn’t bid on a display item i bid thinking it was a BNIB item. The seller tells me i should be happy because I bought it below their cost, how is this my fault? they set the starting price at 99cents? Back and forth and it’s not going anywhere and so i just keep it and leave bad feedback saying he sold me a used item missing parts and described it as new in box. This seller has a total of 5 feedback to start with, 2 selling and 3 buying, all positive until mine(making 3 selling feedback total). Now the seller comes back to me and says he’s going to sue me for defamation because i left bad feedback and they are a new company blah blah blah(my feedback was all truthful). they scammed me and i let him know i wasn’t happy and i gave them a chance to rectify the situation. he send me a link on ebay to remove my feedback and he says if i don’t he’ll take legal action. I decline and tell him he deserves bad beedback.

Fast forward to today. Just for the hell of it i go to his feedback page to see if anyone else had problems and WTF?!?, Ebay deleted my bad feedback. Are you fucking kidding me! How are other buyer suppose to know of bad sellers like this touch hole if ebay deletes the bad feedback, especially for a brand new seller!

This isn’t the first case but what i want to know is why ebay protects these dirtbags who sell stuff to people and try to rip them off and then do nothing about it. Now i’ll remind you this is a brand new seller with 3 items sold at the time i left feedback, not some big-wig who’s selling millions of items. The whole things pissed me off. I’m never buying another BOV again :frowning: lol

Sorry about your experience.

How much did you actually “saved” instead of buying it online from a proper store?

Moral of the story: Tial Q or bust

tl;dr

It’s weird the way that went because EVERYTHING on Ebay protects the buyer. You can’t even leave a buyer negative feedback. I had $5000 in jeopardy when a buyer complained about the labels on the packages I sent. Just be glad you actually received something I guess. Ebay is hit or miss these days.

Cliffs?

Sold as new but was used, synapse can’t ship anything to save their dick, ebay deleted his negative feedback for the seller further proving how much it sucks.

Wow this sucks. I try to only buy from people that have sold a lot of items already. But if I had a choice to save some major coin I guess you have to roll the dice to save the money.

Bid on an item with a description of Brand new IN box
Recieved item broken, vaccum nipple missing, clearly not BNIB
Contacted seller who told him to Fuck off
Ordered 30 dollar plastic nipple from Synapse which took a week to get to him
Left bad feedback on seller page
Ebay removed it

Ebay went so shit the minute paypal bought it.

I have no problem buying from a seller with very few feedback scores so long as they are good, but if its an item thats important, i need timely and need it to be right. I only use trusted sellers with lots of positive feedback

ebay and paypal both can suck it

Ebay bought paypal and the entire internet had already gone to shit years prior lol

Meh I can’t complain to much right now, the deal I got in this lens I just got in today was pretty insane, thanks to ebay :giggle

eh, idk i would have saved probably about 60 bucks origionally (if it was indeed BNIB) but in the end more like 30 after buying the nipple but it wasn’t worth the headache and hasstle. This ebay seller claimed to be a distributer and i did email synapse after the fact explaining the story but never heard back from them. Main reason i bought it off ebay was because i had about “30 ebay bucks” to use up

In the end the main thing that pisses me off is how ebay deleted my negative feedback to the seller. Why is ebay protecting a seller when they’ve only sold 3 items? These are the people ebay should be weeding out

E-Bay is definitely hit and miss. I’ve seen hundreds of sellers misrepresenting their products with generic google pics. You really have to read the fine print to protect yourself. As a personal rule I try to do business with people that are located and ship from the US and who have tons of feedback.

Allowed
While insulting language, like “fraud,” “liar,” “cheater,” “scam artist,” or “con man,” is strongly discouraged, Feedback containing such language won’t be removed unless it also contains some type of content that isn’t allowed.

Not allowed
We don’t allow Feedback comments that contain:
Links or scripts
References to eBay or PayPal investigations
Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating
Personally identifying information about another member, including real name, address, phone number, or email address
Political, religious, or social commentary rather than a genuine comment about the transaction
Comments, replies, or follow-ups that reference a separate transaction
Profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language, or adult material

my feedback pretty much read as follows:
Bad Seller: Sold me a used item, missing parts when described as BNIB

^ Not sure what the deal is with your feedback getting deleted, seems inside the guidelines and unoffensive to me.

been screwed 3 times out of 4 when buying shit from egay. the only thing i didng get fucked on was a used paintball gun. the other 3 things were each new.
never buying new shit from ebay again

/PJB

Skidmarks… Are you even old enough to use ebay? You deserved it for violating their ToS.

legally no, that’s why i buy shit through my parents if i need to buy shit on the internets.