I think i am in trouble please help

as many of you may know i was selling my polaris pro-x 440 and i had many inquires about people interested in ending the auction early, and i took one of those offers and ended my aution. the nigth the guy drove from syracuse to pick it up i came home from school pulled the sled out of the garage started it and rode it 20 feet to a snow bank by my house in doing so fouled the spark plugs, being that it sat for a month and that i had just started it i was not really surprised that the plugs went bad well tonight i get this email from this guy who bought it off ebay, now let me remind you that i have put less than 50 miles or so since i have bought it well here is the email, and yes i did write as is on the recipt how much hard ball should i play if any, i mean im not a dick but the guy took the sled not hearing it run and even agreed that the plugs were bad upon examination…well here is the email he sent me

Hi,John
I am very dissappointed that this sled had a large hole with a dent in the front radiator.You must have know this.I was told that it was a good running machine but you couldnt even get it running the night I picked it up.I trusted you and end up getting screwed.I even found it has been run long enough that it is leaking antifreeze out of the top end by the spark plugs.I checked at the local Polaris dealership and it cost 270 for the new radiator and I have to pull the track supension and front jack shaft to get it out.I would like you to give me some of my money back or I am going to start small claims proceedings and take it to court.You knew this was a problem and sold it to me anyways.Get back a hold of me by calling 609-844-4558.I told you I was going to come back if it wouldnt run the night you couldnt get it running.Let me know what you would like to do.

if you wrote as is on the reciet there isnt anything he can do. it was sold in the coniditon it was hense “as is”. hes blowing smoke up your ass to get u to pay

Was it sold “AS IS” ?
EDIT: ^ beat me to it.

try reading the thread before you post

thanks

I called him and let him know the deal.

Don’t worry about it, the papers will be in the mail.

yea if you rote “as is” hes the one thats fucked, hes got nothing on you. hes the dumbass that took after not seeing it run . i would tell him tough luck

what

you found a sucker, offer him a $100 and be done.

dont offer him shit. he bought it as is you dont owe him shit.

yeah, if it’s as is, you’re fine

take the number out of there before one of these tards actually calls tho, THAT could be a problem for you.

You posted his phone #, we should all call and all tell him to eat it and move on.
Edit: ^ Beat me to it too.

legaly, under new york state law, any private party vehical sale is AUTOMATICLY an “as-is” sale

it was also his responsibility to fully check the sled out before taking it home, and the fact that he took it in NON RUNNING condition just makes your case stronger

also, the damage he complains about is obviously in a hard to access place … its not like theres a piece of the cylinder head missing … he has no right to assume that you knew about it

and i think that because he picked it up here, he would have to take you to a buffalo small claims court (could be wrong, check on this) so it could easily wind up being a pain in the ass for him to take you to court

give the man his money back… Youre a bad selller…shame on you.:mamoru:

not to worry as long as the reciept was signed and has “as is” there isnt anything he can do, he could have got it running and broke it himself…who knows,when it was in your possesion it was fine thats all u gotta say

I really hope you did. That would be pretty funny.

This is true.

if it was dropped off to him then you may have been in trouble. but sense he picked it up and had the chance to look it over all he did was screw himself. who knows maybe he is making the shit up to get money back

was the rad fucked up before u sold it? if not do u have pics?. the fact that u wrote as is i think your fine. ask him how he expects to win in court when u have a receipt saying sold as is

exactly and the fact he physically picked it up and could have inspected it before taking it.

You didn’t put anything else on the bill of sale did you? Just accepted payment in the amount of XXXXX for the snowmobile in as-is condition, right?