I think i am in trouble please help

I find your response from the other day quite humerous now.

Anyways, I might give the guy a few bucks back especially if the sled had damage you failed to tell him about while you advertised it as being showroom. He could probably still try and sue you for some kind of false advertisement, he knows where you live and who knows who your dealing with really, and you did say you made money off the deal, so maybe toss him a few bucks back to make him go away and try to break even and take it as a lesson learned to thoroughly check over the things you sell and know their actual condition. Sounds to me like you dont know if it was damaged while you had it or not.

I bet if anyone here bought it and saw a hole in a radiator there would be some different responses. my .02

if you give him ANY money back, that would make it easier for him to sue you, its as good as telling him “yea, i put that dent theer just to fuck you over”

tell him to get bent, he should have looked it over better

thank you all for your responses, some being not that funny (and if some one calls this guy you are gay) i had no idea that there was a whole in the radiator, it was in the front one and if there was a leak when i had it which im 99% there wasnt becasue there would have been fluid every where. and yes i am prolly going to work something out with the guy the crack can be fixed with some aluminum welding, and as for it not starting when he picked it up the plugs went bad, as for him i would have got the sled running but he said “no” lets just push it on, and if it was someone on here A) they would not have taken the sled un running B) i would have no problem having the thing welded and then wrenching on it (but lets be honest this guy is a real weirdo like the kind that likes wax dripped on his nipples)

well now that i have more cash freed up lets talk r1 for realthis time

So its cool to advertise something as showroom while it really has problems?

I know for a fact if someone on this forum bought the sled and they saw problems when they took it home there would be a 10 pg thread up if Stroking didnt make things better for the buyer.

“Wha Wha I bought a sled off Stroking but when I went ot pick it up it didnt start so I told him if it didnt run right when I got home I would be back and when I got it home the rad was all f*ed and its 270 dollars for a new one and he said it was showroom condition wha wha”

you know im right.

lol that is true…what am i talking about fuck this asshole buy my bike lol

yea ill talk with you about it in the up coming weeks but does anyone think that im a dick if i only toss this guy a few bucks to get it welded and a case of beer to put the radiator back in but i kinda of feel like if i do that i am admitting to knowing it was there already oh and yea if this guy really plays hard ball the recipt is for 400 bucks so…

tell him youll pay for having it welded, plus a 30 pack, he already stated that he would be doing the r&r of the parts, and time is only legaly worth money if someone else does the work for you

and I have to pull the track supension and front jack shaft to get it out

For fuck’s sake, use some more periods and less commas once in a while. :ham:

that sucks for the buyer… you’re 100% clear.

see now that you sold it for 400 written down. then it should be clear to the judge that it must have a problem and then if he pulls up the ebay page he is really fucked for trying to one over the nys taxes. your fine.

Sold As-Is, is sold as-is. Meaning the vehicle in question is sold as-is. Meaning he should have learned to check what as-is what. Given you gave him your word it was the plug knowing it was the radiator… now wait a minute.

I guess it comes down to your conscience, whether or not you wanna be good about it and give him some $$$.

To be honest, he probably saved that money by you writing the receipt lower, so I’d send him the cost for the weld and say thats more than he deserves. Ah well.

it was done off ebay nun the less

paperwork says its sold for $400 ? what was the actual sale price ?

tell him youll pay the cost of the repair, minus what he saved on taxes, lol

let him take u to court buy it back for the $400 that the receipt says he paid for it.

now cars and sleds might be different all cars and trucks come with an implied warrenty even if it says “as is” now the term is usually a week to 30 days depending on the value of the vehicle.

now for the hole in the coolers he could have thrown a stud into one i know on the skidoos they run 2 and there very common to hit if you dont put the risers in or if you throw a stud. if that was the case fuck the guy he should have known you always check the coolers before buying

warranty ? on a used vehical between 2 private party’s ?

does that mean if i buy a car from my neighbor, and the watter pump dies i can take it back to him for repairs ?

its a very limited warrenty say you buy the car all matence done and the engine blows up cause of a crank failure. this would be something the basis would cover now if you were racing and it let go well you are on your own

This whole thing sounds shady. You sold a broken sled to someone. I guess it’s his fault for not checking it out in greater detail, but at the same token, it don’t sound like you fairly represented what you were selling.

how is it shady, the thing never poured out fluid while in my garage floor, i rode it very little and never nocticed it, so what am i supose to do for all i know his dumbass rode it dented the radiator and is fucking me so…