Fighting a Ticket in McCandless

I got a speeding ticket last month in that damn trap they have set up on 19 right off of McKnight Road. Has anyone dealt with the court up there? I have a trial set for next Thursday in front of Judge Wagner. I’m not looking for a complete wipe-out of the ticket, but I need the points lowered or I’ll probably lose my job.

Anyone have any advice/experience up there?

Plead for mercy of the court…don’t make excuses, just tell him your situation with your job.

That’s what my co-workers, and my boss, have been telling me to do. That’s why I’m fighting it. I drive for a living and if I get the points (five!), the insurance will more than likely drop me.

what speed were you doing and in what zone?

The cop said I was doing 68 in a 40. Not in my car though.

What do you do, such as driving for a living ?

I work for a dealership in their loaner car dept., so I’m out returning customers’ vehicles all day. Plus, I’m a freelance writer and I get different press vehicles from car companies to write about.

wagner is usually good for a “no-points, all fine” judgement. Just go in honest, and explain your situation…

if your job depends on driving, why are you driving like a moron to begin with?

thats what I was thinkin…especially 5 points worth!

Yeah 28 over is no fun. I got hit for 26+ on 79 a few years ago, before I knew any better to go fight it.

I got stuck doing something I shouldn’t of had to do, plus the job could’ve waited until the next day. I was more than pissed and wasn’t really thinking at the time.

I pleaded for no points with him and got it.

good luck

wagner has given me no points, just a fine.

Thanks guys. I hope your luck carries over to me.

He knocked it down to 5-over and no points.

he’s cool that way… I’d rather pay a fine than take a point anyday!

As would I! And he knew he made my day when he told me what he was going to do and I just smiled. Such a relief off of my shoulders now.

cool, I love the feeling after a good day in court

a bad day of racing (or anything for that matter) is still better than a good day in court.
just sayin’…
:slight_smile: