first turbo 2011 5.0

Go on SVTP, I dont really feel like thumbing through 6 pages of the video section lol.

Who said anything about running down a C6Z? A bolton+spray 5.0 is about on par with a STOCK C6Z.

Jokes on you, you haz no cobra! :rofl

But seriously, evo was in contract with 5.0 mustang mag not to release any of the mods that they had until the mag hit the stangs. Marketing at its finest, keep em in suspense, and make em buy shit to find out.

I know I personally couldn’t sleep until I found out. I was in the hospital for 4 days, I almost died!!

Hmm

EXACTLY MY POINT. You just buried yourself.

you said a BOLT on + SPRAY 5.0 is on par with a stock C6 Z06…well, then the 5.0 running 10’s @ 126 or whatever is obviously on spray.

^---- this

I love you, Adam.

The new 5.0 is five-point-slowER than ever!

this was touched on a bit back in this thread and applies to almost any car but…

Im all about squeezing every last HP out of a motor, but in a brand new car how confident would you be while at that low 6xxwhp mark all the time? Why run it on the edge like that? IF your going to build something to make those kind of numbers, why not build the motor to hold 8xx for instance and run it at high 6xx. It should never blow. So why go out, spend 10grand and void your warrany making your, ALREADY OVER PRICED, mustang have 6xxwhp and blow it up a week later, cuz thats all it could take that power for…At that point, whats the extra 4grand or less to put a stout bottom end in the machine and have piece of mind? Do they even make aftermarket parts to hold extensive power levels for these 5.0’s yet?

Although i suppose you could argue that without these guys testing the waters, we’d never know what a stock 5.0 CAN hold…

Im guessing you guys see my point, although the more i think about it, in a way, im right but in another im wrong.

one of the reasons 03-04 cobras were named Terminator in fords development files… and what do ya know?.. they did just that.

Hellion Power Systems have had a kit for your car for about 4-6 months.

Neither does ford. The last year Ford made a cobra was in 04.

^ He said reliable…

I kid i kid.

you…sonnnnnnn …offffff…aaaaaaa…bitchhhh.

Shelby, cobra, same thing. you got the idea of what i meant.

And the hellion kit has been nothing but problems for our cars. the whole set up is pretty much a waste of money.

Omg youre retarded. And where did a C6Z magically come into this? Holy ball bags. The best N/A pass so far is a 10.9X@ low 120’s(very close to a “record” “stock” C6Z, but the mph isnt there). Evolutions spray pass on a 125 shot was a 10.58@128, which would put a bolt on GT+a 100 or 125 shot(cant remember) on par with a stock/ish C6Z. I didnt bury shit biaattchhhh :lol

Publicity, Evolution has made themselves a house hold name on any domestic forums because of their youtube videos. And they always do it in steps, a normal owner wouldnt go the same route. I know most of the '11 GT and new V6 guys are holding off for at least a year to wait and see how all these new mods hitting the market are going to actually perform in the long run before buying.

Also those C6 Z’s are running those times bone stock on street tires right? The GT is a built rear, slick’d, aggresivly tuned, gutted basically drag only car. Theres no way '11s would be running in the low 11’s and high 10’s on street tires.

got ya, lol i just hate when ppl really dont know the difference! why is the hellion kit so problematic? are there specific things that go wrong/ dont fit?

I believe they are mid mount on our cars. They get extremely hot and dont hold PSI from what i have heard. Also, a lot of tuning issues. A guy with a forged 5.7 single turbo just hit 900rwhp on a 5.7 block. But the cost/time/issues are so much everyone just goes with a supercharger. A builder i know wants to do twin turbo front mouts and mount them in the fog light housings.

There is a really succesful jeep in florida going 9.60’s at over 145 mph in fu street trim at 5900 pounds i believe it is.

yes they are mid mount turbos, and i didnt know that they made a single kit for your cars. the kits for the gt500’s work very very well (mid mount). How do they get hotter under the car as opposed to in the bumper or in the engine bay? Wouldnt they actually be cooler? And there is a front mount as well… and not holding psi would be a wastegate issue i would think? Why are there issues tunning this setup? Sorry about asking so many questions. I know John and the guys at Hellion pretty well and any feedback on how to improve upon what they make would be great.

Thats just what i have read as far as issues. The single kit was a custom build not a hellion set up. STS does have a kit available that is making some good numbers. Just seems to be tuning these things with turbos is a nightmare. Tell those dudes if they need a test dumby, im into it! I have a new forged motor on the way.

lol, i will relay the message. i guess people just need to learn to tune these things better. but lets face it, boost is boost, it doesnt matter where it comes from. if guys can tune these late model mopars with blowers, then they should be able to tune and make more power with turbos and less boost.