Gasoline to hit $4 this summer and probably will be here to stay

Just from various articles I read, national average will hit $3.8 by Spring and over $4 by Summer. $4 a gallon is by no means a new record, as we’ve already seen that back in '08; However the difference is time it will probably be here to stay.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html

I guess people will now need to seriously consider riding bikes out of necessity. My average mpg back when I was riding my 250 was 240+ mile on a tank of fuel, which is around 3 gallon under normal riding. Heck, even my R6 gets 140+ miles from the same amount of fuel and that is around 46 mpg actual.

So how will $4 gas prices affect your summer plans and the way you all travel or have fun in general?

That blows , ill have to drive my finaces car to work and she can use my premium only ride since she only works 1.7 miles away .

how much is diesel gonna get up to .

Fuck my ass. I’m buying a prius

Awesome, super happy I just bought a truck that gets 13mpg

CR-Z or Volt

:rofl:rofl

Yup this sucks but just means my rd trip to FL this summer is gonna cost a bit more. :banghead

Nah I’m jp. I’m gonna ball hard and keep beating on the Audi and get 16mpgs. Fuck these gas prices. Maybe I’ll daily my dads 1974 Chevy 1 ton.

Fuck yeah, bunch of pussys crying about mpg

Sweet, used diesel trucks are gonna hopefully be stupid cheap like when the last “gas crisis” occured after Katrina hit.

so e85 will be 3$, diesel will be 4.50. whatever idc

Daily driver in a 9mpg car. Fuck yes.

thats silly and expensive

Like Cossey said, been wanting a Diesel truck so this will help my cause.

Idc about gas prices.

:rofl uhm im pretty sure people have other options than to ride a bike because of gas prices… there are cars that get better than 46mpg, isnt the tdi that pete just bought getting like 55mpg or some shit ? lol ya…

ANYWAYS IT IS WHAT IT IS I CANT BELIEVE IT TOOK THIS LONG ANYWAYS

oh ya and fuck gas prices, im gonna drive electric bitchezzzzz

my blue one got a best of 56mpg highway, my dad’s get consistant low 60s on the highway, the p/o of my wagon got a best of 53mpg he said, with my hypermiling im sure 60mpg won’t be an issue.

Even Petes dad is a TDI buddy!??!?