Going to VA...anybody need anything picked up/delivered?

I’ll be going to Virginia next weekend i believe, both to drop off my engine to the new owner, and to pick up a new bumper for my car. I’m not sure how close the two locations i’ll be going to are, but it’s still gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper driving down there at 40MPG than it would be to pay to ship a 300+ lb engine as well as a 6ft long bumper…plus i dont mind long road trips, especially to new areas.

If you need anything delivered or picked up, post up the zip code of where it is, and if it’s not too far out of my way we can work out how it’s done at a later date. If anything i’d just want compensation for the miles out of my way it is…nothing more.

ya bring the beach over here plz kthx

u can stop and see me if you need a break from drivin lol

If you see my ex wife, you don’t know me…:snky:

lol, are you freaking serious? Give me the 2 shipping zip codes and the total weight.

um yes, i’m dead serious…

both have to go freight. The engine alone is i’m guessing around 300 lbs, and is going from 14227 to 143 cool water lane gordonsville va 22942.

The bumper zip code i dont have yet…but it’s also in virginia…so lets just say its in the same zip code…it also has to be sent freight, and is about 6ft long and i wanna say width of 2ft by 1.5 ft…

typical shipping for this bumper on most sites that sell it is $120 or so, and i’m assuming the engine will be AT LEAST twice that…

I lifted it, and can verify its weight… Its chunky. He would at least break even, not considering time spent driving. But Im sure he will turn it into a fun road trip, instead of a chore…

road trips ftw

the guy for the engine told me he looked it up and it’s 450 miles each way…900 miles, at $3 a gallon (over guestimate), at 40 MPG, equals $67 and change…

the guy is giving me $150 to deliver it…

and i’m saving an additional $120 by not having to pay for the shipping of the bumper…even if it is 200 miles away from where i’m delivering the engine, on the other side of VA…i’m coming out ahead this way, otherwise i wouldnt do it, trust me.

The first read through I didn’t realize you were dropping off an engine and picking up a bumper. Thought you were getting both. I was trying to figure how it all was going to fit in a civic.

at 400lb the engine will cost $287 … pickup fee from your home included
at 300lb = $230

www.rlcarriers.com

50% discount (applied anyway)
Freight Class = 85
Residential Pickup = check +$30

You can ship the bumper via Greyhound for around $60

I would also like to know what new fuel cell vehicle you are using to get 40mpg?

ef civic hatch…take out the backseat and i’ll easily fit the engine in there…i get 36mpg city driving…easily will get 40 going 65 the whole way

My time and effort is worth way more then $150 or whatever. Your call.

don’t forget adding 300lbs to the civic isn’t helping your gas it’s hurting it. alot. thats like carrying two civics in one car.

I’d like a shot glass from Virginia. I collect them from all states…and i don’t have a virginia one.

get it for me.

shoot me a call bia, swing by the beach for a beer

if you’re in it for the road trip, :tup:

but i’m with Violator otherwise. nice of you to offer to pick up anything, tho :slight_smile:

I just went to VA and back last weekend, oddly enough I picked up a bumper too, but that was in Pittsburg on the return. Since I don’t have a time machine and an ef wouldn’t haul 24 tires anyways I will leave you with one peice of advice…

Don’t have a co-driver say “This trip is went really well…” before you are home.

i could ship that motor for about $175ish… and the bumper…well, there are minimums…but about $120 is right.
im with you on the roadd trip though…always fun! dont forget about tolls.

i’ll be hitting up Gordonsville first, then about 2 hours away from there is Fairfax where i’m picking up the bumper…how close is this to you?