San Diego peeps.....

hello,

any of you possibly interested in looking at a car for me?
i’m looking at a car, and obviously will not be making the expensive trip just to see if it passes my checklist, and don’t want to send money for something i’ve only seen pictures of.

if anybody might be interested, let me know and i’ll get some more information on this guy’s where-abouts.

this is the car:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/sketterman/carfront.jpg

spanks :slight_smile:

i’m in san diego, i got off tomorrow. try to get some more info and i’ll do my best

thanks for the offer bud i appreciate it.

i just came across this car… haven’t talked to the guy yet but ill try to get some info.
it’s no biggie either way, but if you’re bored, cool :slight_smile:

i’m a little scared what shipping might cost though if this happened to be a winner :eek:

Shipping is about a grand accross the country last I heard, but that was 3-4 years ago, who knows now with gas being a little (lot) higher.

yeah no worries, just PM me when you figure out what’s up

thats what i figured (about $1-1.5k) :frowning: so basically this car better be a knock-out, and he’d better accept my low-ball cash in hand offer for this one to be the winner. the nice thing is this is a running car with a drivetrain i could sell off :slight_smile:

thanks again. i sent him a pm, i’ll let you know if and what his response is :slight_smile:

~$1000 to ship my rx7 from oregon a couple years ago

I know that a legal flat bed tractor trailer runs about $5k to california right now. But thats for the whole truck…
sooo somewhere between a $1-5k to ship across country.

so maybe its time for one of our san diego friends to drive back to visit buffalo in a nice blue f-body?! free gas?! lol

yeah expect to pay $$$$$$$$$$ from Cali

I was looking at a car in FL a month or so ago and got quotes from $950-$1400 for open transport

I would imagine Cali is double that

using the same shippers as my dad used from tampa… they are right around $1000 with insurance. his was actually more, $1300, but he had enclosed, on top, insured, and expedited which was about $800 in options (the shitty thing is they were about a week late even with the expediting…so my dad flew out to NJ and drove it the rest of the way home because he was so anxious lol)

ive checked a few and they are about 1-1.5 as i suspected. if this car is worth it, and i could knock a g off the price, it wouldn’t be so bad

post up some details on the car, looks nice I am curious about it

doooo it

id be happy to check it out. (if hypeville does not) and im sure i can figure something out to drive it back. plane ticket home??

ummm no, lol.

i have first dibs and i don’t move on car(S) as fast as you do lol. but for real, please stay away :slight_smile:

thanks for the offer man…

i don’t know how the transportation situation would be, but paying for the gas and extras plus a plane ticket might even come out to be more than shipping but thats something i’d have to figure out down the line

…thanks again guys

lol we have trailers at work, take a week vacation and go get it man.

im sure your pops wouldn’t mind :slight_smile:

id rather spend the dough. i hate driving that long. besides it would be cheaper probably to ship

hey i forgot, check out uship.com, its like ebay and people big to ship your stuff, i used it on that trailer i sold, got a trailer shipped to NYC for 400 bucks, when i called our normal pickup shipper they wanted 1500.00

worth a shot.

If you want i can check tomorrow for u

:rubicant: GET BACK TO WORK