Car shipping from 1000 miles away

Anyone ever dealt with shipping a car? My dad is looking to send his car, a '55 Chevy, from Minnesota to Buffalo. So far the quotes we’ve been finding have been around $600-700…anyone know of any places to look for. I don’t think he’s too concerned if it’s an open or closed trailer. Thanks, Mike

this has been posted millions of times! i’ve never said this before, but search :wink:

i shipped to texas, open trailer, was…$600. but my car was a roller. just call around. if it drives then itll be cheaper :stuck_out_tongue:

I have, and used those to get some quotes. But many of the posts are old, and I thought in that amount of time maybe people have had experiences with other transports.

Goddamn, what is so wrong with wanting more up to date information…

Who did you use?

Mike, I’ve used Trusty Transport and found them to be pretty good at it. Nikuk suggested them (he’s used them twice) and they were fast and efficient.

Here’s the PM from him, explains it pretty well.

:tup: What are you buying now?

Just be careful who ships it, heard too many horror stories and $700 is kinda steep. I was gonna get a car shipped from a dealer in CA using DAS for $800

Thanks for that Tom. I’m not buying anything, my dad wants to send his '55 Chebby out here for me to do a motor/trans swap (carb/3 speed to EFI/4 speed OD)

Nice.

FWIW, I think NH to NY was @ $450.

Shipping my STi down to Tampa next week! We’ll see how much it costs.

anyone try amtrack or similar rail service?

ONLINE AUTO CONNECTION 716-675-0424. CALL AND ASK FOR MARK SUBJECK AND TELL HIM YOU WERE REFFERRED BY DAVID BASIL. IF YOU CAN’T GET A HOLD OF HIM LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CALL HIM FOR YOU, HE IS A FRIEND OF MINE. HE SELLS AND SHIPS RARE/COLLECTIBLE CARS AND WOULD BE PERFECT FOR WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. IF NOT HE COULD AT LEAST TELL YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PAYING.

CHECK OUT WHATS IN HIS SHOWROOM
http://www.onlineautoconnection.com/

i shipped mine from tampa to buf. in late feb/early march. Cost me about $500-$600. Used C&C auto transport. The guy I dealt with was awesome. Customer service was very good.