Shipping a car

From Albany to Dallas, any one have any recommendations and or experiences with any specific companies, thanks.

Search works, but no one actually said “XXX was great communicative and reliable” etc…

I’ll get you the # of the people I used to ship 2 cars from FL to Vegas. They were very reasonably priced ($900 each car I think) and were actually 2-3 days early if I remember correctly. Other than the cars being disgustingly dirty everything went great. I reccomend paying the extra $ to have your car put on the top of the truck if possible to make sure no one elses cars leak oil/tranny fluid on your car.

sweet thanks

Das auto shippers seem to have a decent rep

a guy i know had a car shipped from virgina to socal for ~600$. i can get his contact info for you if you like.

Brian

PM True Blue. He had his Mustang shipped.

My Trans Am was shipped from here to California using DAS, I believe the price was somewhere around $800 and it was enclosed for the main leg of the trip. It made it there and as far as I know everything went well.

I used DA Auto Shippers to have my Evo shipped from California to NY. I don’t recommend them. They scratched part of the car and dented the hood without fixing the car. They offered me $100 because I didn’t buy their insurance. I had full insurance through State Farm.

Currently having my dads '55 Chevy shipped from Minnesota through Nationwide Auto Transport I think? Either way, the car is supposed to arrive today so I’ll have some more feedback for you later on.

bump for numbers, I need to figure this out soon…

Thom which car?

thom… when i moved back…

from tampa to buf i paid $600. C&C auto transport is who i went with. The guy i dealt with was awesome. Amazing customer service.

ill see if i can find that # for ya.

I actually think the guy’s name was tom

edit:

i actually think they are based out of dallas too

C & C Auto Transporters
Dallas, TX 75217

(214) 243-9092

pretty sure that is who i went through

NATIONWIDE AUTO TRANSPORT
888-953-8998
nationwide_autotrans@yahoo.com

$575 to ship from Minnesota to Buffalo. Very happy with them, great customer service.

The way Nationwide works is they are a middleman between the person paying for shipment and the driver doing the delivering. The $575 rate was there lowest rate, which meant lowest priority to ship. We were told it would be as early as tomorrow or as late as 4 weeks, but nothing later than that. I could have paid $750 and had it picked up the next day but my dad and I weren’t in a hurry. In our case we only had a 6 day wait before a driver was found. Picked up the car this past Friday and dropped it off at my house this afternoon.

Open trailer fwiw…

Holy shit, they just quoted me $900

They where over $1000, but good turn around

Winning, but 14 day delivery time is a little ugh…

My first quote from them was $750. Did you try to deal with them a bit??? They can budge a bit…they are trying to make money off the deal. The way they described it to me was that I pay them $575 up front, they then advertise the car at $500 to their llist of drivers immediately. If they get a bite, they profit $75. If not, they raise the price to like $525 the second week. Each week they up the bid, up to 4 weeks max. The faster they can get it shipped the more money they make. This was the case since I didn’t need the car right away…if you need it soon you’ll be charged higher.

Edit: just checked distances. Minneapolis, MN-Buffalo, NY is about 1000 miles. Dallas, TX-Albany, NY is 1650 miles. That could also account for the differnce.

Ya I would prefer not to wait that long to get this shipped here